Montreal, July 9, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEP, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) and Lomiko Metals Inc. (TSX-V:LMR, OTC:LMRMF, FSE:DH8B) are pleased to announce the results from the remaining 16 exploration diamond drill holes received from the 2019 program (see Table 1 below, and Figure 1) at the Refractory Zone of the La Loutre graphite project (the “Project”). A total of 21 holes were completed on the Refractory Zone for a total of 2,985 metres. The Project is owned by Lomiko (80%) and QPM (20%).
“The La Loutre project has generated very significant drill results. Our partner Lomiko is funding 100% of the next phase of work to prepare a resource estimate on this non-core asset.” stated Normand Champigny, CEO.
Although the current focus is on the Refractory Zone, the Project was also subject of an independent technical report in accordance with NI 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects, prepared by B. Turcotte and G. Servelle of InnovExplo Inc. from Val-d’Or, Québec, and O. Peters, of AGP Mining Inc., dated March 24, 2016, filed for the Project’s Graphene-Battery Zone. The report presented a mineral resource estimate of 18.4 M Tonnes at a grade of 3.19% carbon flake graphite (“Cg”) in the Indicated category and 16.7 M Tonnes at 3.75% Cg in the Inferred category using a cut-off of 1.5% Cg.
The above-noted 2016 mineral resource does not include the current results or the intercepts from the Refractory Zone in 2016 which were as follows:
LL-16-01 – 7.74% Cg over 135.60 m including 16.81% Cg over 44.10 m
LL-16-02 – 17.08% Cg over 22.30 m and 14.80% Cg over 15.10 m
LL-16-03 – 14.56% Cg over 110.80 m
The next task is to complete a new resource estimate in compliance with NI 43-101 for the entire Project including the 36 new drill holes completed since the above-mentioned 2016 resource estimate.
Table 1: Results of the 21 drill holes of the 2019 drill program. The width is drill indicated core length. Insufficient data exists to determine true width at this time.
|Hole ID #||UTM E||UTM N||Azimuth||Dip||Mineralization||Gp %|
|From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)|
** Results announced in April 24, 2019 press release.
On the basis of the available geophysical and 2016 drilling data, the strike length of the mineralization is estimated at 900 m in the NW-SE direction and is open in both directions. A detailed interpretation of the results will be carried out to better estimate the thickness and strike length of the mineralized zone.
The Project consists of contiguous claim blocks totaling 29 km2 situated approximately 53 km NW of the Lac-des-Îles mine, formerly known as the Timcal mine, North America’s only operating graphite mine. It is accessible by driving NW from Montreal for a distance of approximately 170 kilometres.
The 2019 exploration program is managed by Consul-Teck Exploration Minière Inc. (“Consul- Teck”) of Val-d’Or, Quebec, who designed the drilling campaign, supervised the program and logged and sampled the core.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Consul-Teck implemented QA/QC procedures to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates and blanks were inserted at a regular interval into the sample stream.
The samples in secure tagged bags were delivered directly to the analytical facility for analysis. In this case, the analytical facility was the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. The samples are crushed to 70% minus 2 mm, then separated and pulverized to 85% passing 75µm. All samples are analyzed for Cg using the C-IR18 method.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Geologist, is a shareholder of both companies, VP Exploration of QPM and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Goldcorp Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- July 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals hires SGS Canada for resource model
- July 09, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report multiple 100 m+ intercepts and multiple 10%+ Cg zones at its non-core high grade La Loutre Flake Graphite Project
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec
- April 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 87.9 m of 7.14% including 21.0 m of 15.48% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre project
- April 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals extends previously announced new near-surface drill discoveries at Sakami including 1.27 g/t Au over 15 m and 4.66 g/t Au over 3.5 m
- March 26, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals drills new near-surface gold discoveries at Sakami including 14.20 g/t Au over 2.0 m and 5.05 g/t Au over 5.06 m
- February 14, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals updates the drilling at its Sakami gold project
- January 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation intersects 4.78 g/t Au over 6.0 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike, and starts winter drilling campaign