Montreal, May 6, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) and Lomiko Metals Inc. (TSX-V:LMR, OTC:LMRMF, FSE:DH8B) are pleased to announce the results from four (4) new exploration diamond drill hole received from the 2019 program (see Table 1 below, and Figure 1) at the Refractory Zone at the La Loutre graphite project (the “Project”). A total of 21 holes were completed on the Refractory Zone for a total of 2,985 metres. Results from the remaining 16 holes will be reported as they are received and compiled. QPM owns 20% of the Project.
Table 1: Results of the drill holes of the 2019 drill program. The width is drill indicated core length. Insufficient data exists to determine true width at this time.
|Hole ID||UTM E||UTM N||Azimuth ||Dip||Mineralization||Cg %
|From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)|
The drill campaign focuses on the Refractory Zone. An independent technical report in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects, prepared by B. Turcotte and G. Servelle of InnovExplo Inc. from Val-d’Or, Québec, and O. Peters, of AGP Mining Inc., dated March 24, 2016, was filed for the Project’s Graphene-Battery Zone. The report presented a mineral resource estimate of 18.4 M Tonnes at a grade of 3.19% carbon flake graphite (“Cg”) in the Indicated category and 16.7 M Tonnes at 3.75% Cg in the Inferred category using a cut-off of 1.5% Cg. The Project also includes several untested anomalies.
On the basis of the available geophysical and 2016 drilling data, the strike length of the mineralization is estimated at 900 m in the NW-SE direction and is open in both directions. A detailed interpretation of the results will be carried out to better estimate the thickness and strike length of the mineralized zone.
The Project consists of contiguous claim blocks totaling 29 km2 situated approximately 53 km E of Imerys Carbon & Graphite, formerly known as the Timcal graphite mine, North America’s only operating graphite mine, and located 117 km NW of Montreal.
The 2019 exploration program is managed by Consul-Teck Exploration Miniere Inc. of Val-d’Or, Quebec, who designed the drilling campaign, supervised the program and logged and sampled the core.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Consul-Teck Exploration Miniere Inc. implemented QA/QC procedures to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates and blanks were inserted at a regular interval into the sample stream.
The samples in secure tagged bags were delivered directly to the analytical facility for analysis. In this case, the analytical facility was the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. The samples are crushed to 70% minus 2 mm, then separated and pulverized to 85% passing 75µm. All samples are analyzed for Cg using the C-IR18 method.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Geologist, is a shareholder of both companies, VP Exploration of QPM and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Newmont Goldcorp Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 26, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Robert P. Boisjoli as Chief Financial Officer
- October 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation announces results of Annual and Special General shareholders meeting
- October 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation provides exploration update
- October 08, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: Reminder – Annual and Special General Meeting of Shareholders
- September 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals discovers a new gold and base metals system from surface sampling at Elmer East with grabs up to 17.75 g/t Au
- September 10, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals extends the La Pointe Extension discovery with 53 m at 1.03 g/t Au and near surface discovery at Simon
- August 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals expands La Pointe Extension discovery over 2 km; continues drilling
- August 04, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation change its stock symbol
- July 22, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drills 1.14 g/t Au over 70.3 m at La Pointe Extension discovery
- July 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Announces Postponement of its Annual General Meeting
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project
- June 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Drills 1.45 g/t Au over 35.4 m at La Pointe Extension Discovery
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset