Montreal, April 24, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) and Lomiko Metals Inc. (TSX-V:LMR, OTC:LMRMF, FSE:DH8B) are pleased to announce the results from the first exploration diamond drill hole received from the 2019 program (see Table 1 below, and Figure 1) at the Refractory Zone at the La Loutre graphite project (the “Project”). A total of 21 holes were completed on the Refractory Zone for a total of 2,985 metres. Results from the remaining 20 holes will be reported as they are received and compiled. QPM owns 20% of the Project.Table 1: Results of the first drill hole of the 2019 drill program. The width is drill indicated core length. Insufficient data exists to determine true width at this time.
|Hole ID||UTM E||UTM N||Azimuth ||Dip||From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)||Cg %|
The drill campaign focuses on the Refractory Zone. An independent technical report in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects, prepared by B. Turcotte and G. Servelle of InnovExplo Inc. from Val-d’Or, Québec, and O. Peters, of AGP Mining Inc., dated March 24, 2016, was filed for the Project’s Graphene-Battery Zone. The report presented a mineral resource estimate of 18.4 M Tonnes at a grade of 3.19% carbon flake graphite (“Cg”) in the Indicated category and 16.7 M Tonnes at 3.75% Cg in the Inferred category using a cut-off of 1.5% Cg. The Project also includes several untested anomalies.
The drill hole intercept is approximately 450 m SE from two high grade intercepts drilled in 2017: 7.74% Cg over 135.6 m including 16.81% Cg over 44.1 m from LL-16- 01, and of 14.56% Cg over 110.8 m from LL-16- 03. Both holes are located in the Refractory Zone.
On the basis of the available geophysical and 2016 drilling data, the strike length of the mineralization is estimated at 900 m in the NW-SE direction and is open in both directions. A detailed interpretation of the results will be carried out to better estimate the thickness and strike length of the mineralized zone.
The Project consists of contiguous claim blocks totaling 29 km2 situated approximately 53 km E of Imerys Carbon & Graphite, formerly known as the Timcal graphite mine, North America’s only operating graphite mine, and located 117 km NW of Montreal.
The 2019 exploration program is managed by Consul-Teck Exploration of Val-d’Or, Quebec, who designed the drilling campaign, supervised the program and logged and sampled the core.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Consul-Teck Exploration implemented QA/QC procedures to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates and blanks were inserted at a regular interval into the sample stream.
The samples in secure tagged bags were delivered directly to the analytical facility for analysis. In this case, the analytical facility was the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. The samples are crushed to 70% minus 2 mm, then separated and pulverized to 85% passing 75µm. All samples are analyzed for Cg using the C-IR18 method.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Geologist, is a shareholder of both companies, VP Exploration of QPM and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Newmont Goldcorp Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- September 20, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Congratulates Harfang Exploration on its Spodumene Discovery near the Sakami Project, James Bay, Quebec
- August 22, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Identifies High Priority Lithium Targets on James Bay Projects
- August 09, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options and Deferred Share Units, Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 28, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes Second and Final Tranche of $1.4 M Private Placement, Announces Results of Annual Shareholders Meeting, Appoints Geneviève Ayotte as director
- July 12, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes first tranche of Private Placement
- June 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Private Placement
- May 05, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- March 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Reveal Lithium Potential on James Bay Projects and Hires IR Firm Paradox
- February 03, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital