Montreal, July 2, 2020 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: CJC, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) is pleased to announce the start of the next phase of exploration on its 100%-owned Elmer East project located in the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory of Quebec. This next phase of work follows the magnetic heliborne survey carried out earlier this year (see press releases of January 28 and 30, 2020) and the evaluation of all available data at the regional scale with the participation of GoldSpot Discoveries Corp. (TSX.V : SPOT). This surface work will consist of follow-up prospecting, geological mapping and rock sampling. This work will significantly improve the understanding of the gold exploration potential of the project.
The project consists of 929 claims (488 km2) and is located along trend from the recent Patwon prospect gold discovery made by Azimut Exploration Inc. It is to be noted that gold mineralization occurring at the Patwon prospect is not necessarily representative of mineralization that may be found on the Elmer East project. Access to the project is facilitated by the quality infrastructure of the James Bay region.
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, Vice-President Exploration, director and shareholder of the Company, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to find the next gold mine in this territory.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- May 26, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 0.84 g/t Au over 63 m downhole, higher-grade core extended +200 m at depth, open in all directions
- March 23, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals and GoldSpot provide an update on the Elmer East project: multiple gold targets over 4.5 km
- March 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- March 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 69.6 g/t Au over 0.6 m within 1.32 g/t Au over 94 m downhole
- February 24, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals identifies drill targets over 2.5-km along strike from the La Pointe Extension gold deposit
- February 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals reports preliminary metallurgical test results from Sakami: up to 99% gold recoveries
- February 07, 2022 Vital and Quebec Precious Metals Corporation amend Kipawa/Zeus acquisition terms
- February 01, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals – Corporate update
- December 15, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals is UL ECOLOGO® Certified for mineral exploration!
- November 02, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals continues drilling at the Sakami project
- October 18, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives $2,000,000 payment from sale of royalty on Tansim lithium project
- September 08, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals reports high-grade grab samples of 68.1 & 61.8 g/t Au on the Elmer East project; extends the mineralized corridor to 4.2 km at the Lloyd discovery area
- August 18, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- August 12, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: Reminder – Annual General Meeting of Shareholders