Montreal, October 2, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEP, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to report the results from the re-analyses of recovered historical and unanalyzed drill core samples (refer to press release of September 24, 2019). The core samples are from nine (9) holes drilled in 2008 by a previous operator on the project (Figure 1). A total of 51 samples from hole AP-08-12 were re- analyzed. High-grade nickel mineralization has been measured with samples that have returned up to 1.28% Ni, 0.26% Cu over 2.55 m (Table 1). This high-grade intercept and other high nickel values are hosted in mafic volcanic rocks with disseminated pyrite and pyrrothite. These rocks are within a sequence of quartzofeldspathic gneiss, quartz arenite, paragneiss and iron formation.
Table 1 – New assays from historical hole AP-08-12
|Hole ID||UTM E||UTM N||Length (m)||Azimuth||Dip||From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)||Au (g/t)||Cu %||Ni %
|Hole ID||From (m)||To (m)||Lithology
|97.45||100.00||Mafic volcanic, Py-Po
QPM will continue its exercise of relogging the core to strategically identify an optimized set of samples for re-assay during the fall. The ongoing surface exploration program continues to progress well. The objective of the current program is to identify the best targets for an anticipated drill program later this year. Details of the drilling program will be finalized following a review of the results of the 2019 surface program.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Quality assurance and quality control procedures have been implemented to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was re-logged and then split, with one-half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates, standards and blanks were inserted regularly into the sample stream. The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by aqua regia extraction with an inductively coupled plasma finish coupled with atomic emission spectroscopy (ICP-AES). The analytical procedure for gold is fire assay with AA finish on a 30 g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au), with a gravimetric finish for assays over 10 ppm Au.
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, Vice-President Exploration, director and shareholder of the Company, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Goldcorp Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- January 14, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals to Drill 25,000 m at Sakami
- December 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Closing of a $500,000 Private Placement
- December 03, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Hires Red Cloud
- November 29, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Closing of $6.5 Million Bought Deal Private Placement; Newmont Goldcorp Increases Ownership to 19.9%
- November 17, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Provides Update on $6.5 Million Bought Deal Private Placement
- October 29, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- October 22, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Announces $6.5 Million Bought Deal Private Placement
- October 22, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals defines multiple gold targets ahead of drilling campaign along 13 km at Sakami
- October 02, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals reports high grade nickel mineralization at the Sakami gold project
- September 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals recovers historical drill cores at the Sakami gold project, provides exploration update
- August 20, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints RPA to complete a Mineral Resource estimate
- July 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals announces first phase of 2019 Exploration Program
- July 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals hires SGS Canada for resource model
- July 09, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report multiple 100 m+ intercepts and multiple 10%+ Cg zones at its non-core high grade La Loutre Flake Graphite Project