Montreal, April 23, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the drill results from the remaining six (6) reconnaissance diamond drill holes at the Simon-JR area. This area is located from 3 to 8 km NNE of the La Pointe area, within its 100% owned Sakami gold project, Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec. The gold mineralization has been extended approximately 100 m to the south of the JR showing area.
In the Simon-JR area, eleven (11) diamond drill holes (“DDH”) totalling 1,664 m were completed. Ten (10) of the drill holes intersected gold mineralization. Highlights of previously announced results (press release of March 26, 2019) were: hole SI19-02 – 14.20 g/t gold over 2.0 m within a 15.25 m interval of 2.34 g/t gold, and SI19-03 – 5.05 g/t gold over 5.06 m. Table 1 presents the results from the remaining holes. Highlights are: JR-19-04 – 1.27 g/t gold over 15.0 m and SI19-04 – 4.66 g/t gold over 3.5 metres. Figures 1, 2 and 3 shows the location of these results.Table 1: Results of remaining six (6) holes drilling of the Simon-JR area. All widths are drill indicated core length. Insufficient data exists to determine true widths at this time. All gold values presented are not capped.
|Hole ID||UTM E||UTM N||Length (m)||Azimuth||Dip||From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)||Au (g/t)
The mineralization consists of disseminated to semi-massive pyrite, pyrrhotite and arsenopyrite in a sedimentary iron formation. Most of the observed mineralization is hosted in the volcano-sedimentary sequence of the Yasinski Group (La Grande Subprovince) in contact with sedimentary rocks of the Laguiche Group (Opinaca Subprovince) to the east. Similar mineralization has been intersected in each of the DDH.
The drilling program with five (5) DDH totalling 2,499 m in the La Pointe area of the Sakami project has been completed. Drill hole locations are shown on Figure 4. This is part of the previously announced diamond drilling (see October 29, 2018 press release) to test down-plunge extensions of the high grade zones at depth, defined as >40 gram-metre drill intercepts (Au g/t x intersection length) and the existence of sub-parallel zones at shallower depths. Results are expected within the next two (2) weeks.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Quality assurance and quality control procedures have been implemented to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one-half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates, standards and blanks were inserted regularly into the sample stream. The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by fire assay with AA finish on a 30 g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au), with a gravimetric finish for assays over 10 ppm Au.
The field work was under the supervision of Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Vice-President Exploration, director and shareholder of the Company. Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Goldcorp’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset
- April 29, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals: New Corporate Presentation
- April 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals announces La Pointe Extension discovery: 1.15 g/t Au over 80.1 m at Sakami project, extends deposit 2 km in step-out drilling
- March 25, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals concludes winter drilling activities at Sakami
- March 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Tony Brisson as senior exploration manager
- March 12, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Announces U.S. Trading on OTCQB Venture Market Under Symbol CJCFF
- February 27, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Starts Second Drill at Sakami
- February 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options
- January 30, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals covers the Elmer East project with a heliborne geophysical survey along trend with Azimut’s gold discovery, James Bay, Quebec
- January 28, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals generates the Elmer East project along trend with Azimut’s gold discovery, James Bay, Quebec
- January 14, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals to Drill 25,000 m at Sakami
- December 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Closing of a $500,000 Private Placement
- December 03, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Hires Red Cloud
- November 29, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Closing of $6.5 Million Bought Deal Private Placement; Newmont Goldcorp Increases Ownership to 19.9%