Montreal, April 23, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the drill results from the remaining six (6) reconnaissance diamond drill holes at the Simon-JR area. This area is located from 3 to 8 km NNE of the La Pointe area, within its 100% owned Sakami gold project, Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec. The gold mineralization has been extended approximately 100 m to the south of the JR showing area.
In the Simon-JR area, eleven (11) diamond drill holes (“DDH”) totalling 1,664 m were completed. Ten (10) of the drill holes intersected gold mineralization. Highlights of previously announced results (press release of March 26, 2019) were: hole SI19-02 – 14.20 g/t gold over 2.0 m within a 15.25 m interval of 2.34 g/t gold, and SI19-03 – 5.05 g/t gold over 5.06 m. Table 1 presents the results from the remaining holes. Highlights are: JR-19-04 – 1.27 g/t gold over 15.0 m and SI19-04 – 4.66 g/t gold over 3.5 metres. Figures 1, 2 and 3 shows the location of these results.Table 1: Results of remaining six (6) holes drilling of the Simon-JR area. All widths are drill indicated core length. Insufficient data exists to determine true widths at this time. All gold values presented are not capped.
|Hole ID||UTM E||UTM N||Length (m)||Azimuth||Dip||From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)||Au (g/t)
The mineralization consists of disseminated to semi-massive pyrite, pyrrhotite and arsenopyrite in a sedimentary iron formation. Most of the observed mineralization is hosted in the volcano-sedimentary sequence of the Yasinski Group (La Grande Subprovince) in contact with sedimentary rocks of the Laguiche Group (Opinaca Subprovince) to the east. Similar mineralization has been intersected in each of the DDH.
The drilling program with five (5) DDH totalling 2,499 m in the La Pointe area of the Sakami project has been completed. Drill hole locations are shown on Figure 4. This is part of the previously announced diamond drilling (see October 29, 2018 press release) to test down-plunge extensions of the high grade zones at depth, defined as >40 gram-metre drill intercepts (Au g/t x intersection length) and the existence of sub-parallel zones at shallower depths. Results are expected within the next two (2) weeks.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Quality assurance and quality control procedures have been implemented to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one-half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates, standards and blanks were inserted regularly into the sample stream. The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by fire assay with AA finish on a 30 g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au), with a gravimetric finish for assays over 10 ppm Au.
The field work was under the supervision of Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Vice-President Exploration, director and shareholder of the Company. Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Goldcorp’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec
- April 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 87.9 m of 7.14% including 21.0 m of 15.48% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre project
- April 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals extends previously announced new near-surface drill discoveries at Sakami including 1.27 g/t Au over 15 m and 4.66 g/t Au over 3.5 m
- March 26, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals drills new near-surface gold discoveries at Sakami including 14.20 g/t Au over 2.0 m and 5.05 g/t Au over 5.06 m
- February 14, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals updates the drilling at its Sakami gold project
- January 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation intersects 4.78 g/t Au over 6.0 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike, and starts winter drilling campaign
- December 13, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation grants stock options
- December 05, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation outlines a 2 km anomalous gold trend at Sakami
- November 08, 2018 Debt Settlement
- October 29, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals initiates fall exploration program at Sakami focusing on the La Pointe area
- October 24, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals announces message from CEO
- September 18, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals welcomes you on its website