Montreal, December 5, 2018 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce very encouraging results obtained from the soil sampling program that was carried out during the fall. This survey covered an area west of the La Pointe gold deposit area located on the Sakami project (the “Project”). These results confirm the extension of the Sakami prospective trend over a distance of approximately 2 km (see Figures 1, 2 and 3 attached).
Strong and large coincidental gold and arsenic anomalies comprising of values significantly above the geochemical background level have been identified in soils (B horizon) on the Project. The anomalies remain open to the southwest and especially to the west-southwest. In most cases, mineralization previously recognized by prospecting, trenching and drilling show a spatial correlation with the soil anomalies. This is documented as well for the Éléonore gold deposit (operated by Goldcorp Inc.).
The soil anomalies suggest the presence of three (3) source areas that could represent an important mineralized system in the bedrock. These source areas, which have not yet been tested by drilling, stands out as part of the broad Sakami prospective trend with potential for near-surface discoveries. The Project remains largely under-explored. A total of 954 soil samples were collected for gold and indicator elements to test the possible presence of an extension of the La Pointe deposit to the west.
A drilling program consisting of a minimum of 3,000 m was announced by the Company on October 29 on the La Pointe deposit. This program is currently underway and is progressing well.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Quality assurance and quality control procedures were implemented to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the soil samples. The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. All samples are analyzed by aqua regia extraction with an inductively coupled plasma finish coupled with atomic emission spectroscopy (ICP-AES).
The field work was under the supervision of Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Vice-President Exploration and director of the Company. Normand Champigny, Ing., President and Chief Executive Officer, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Goldcorp’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant gold grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to swiftly explore this project in order to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- December 13, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation grants stock options
- December 05, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation outlines a 2 km anomalous gold trend at Sakami
- November 08, 2018 Debt Settlement
- October 29, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals initiates fall exploration program at Sakami focusing on the La Pointe area
- October 24, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals announces message from CEO
- September 18, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals welcomes you on its website
- September 10, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 3.22 g/t Au over 31.5 m and 3.59 g/t Au over 27 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike by 100 m
- July 12, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation reports correction to the number of issued and outstanding common shares
- June 28, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec close $5.4 million and create Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
- June 19, 2018 Annual and Special Meeting
- June 04, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec file joint circular regarding annual and special meetings for shareholder votes on business combination
- May 31, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec intersect 3.08 g/t Au over 15 m and 5.31 g/t Au over 4.5 m on the Sakami Property
- April 26, 2018 Strategic Investment by Goldcorp to Create a New Gold Explorer in the Eeyou Istchee James Bay Territory of Quebec with Canada Strategic Metals, Matamec Explorations and Sphinx Resources
- March 01, 2018 Canada Strategic Mobilizes Second Drill & Increases its Drilling Program to 8,000 metres