Montreal, December 5, 2018 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce very encouraging results obtained from the soil sampling program that was carried out during the fall. This survey covered an area west of the La Pointe gold deposit area located on the Sakami project (the “Project”). These results confirm the extension of the Sakami prospective trend over a distance of approximately 2 km (see Figures 1, 2 and 3 attached).
Strong and large coincidental gold and arsenic anomalies comprising of values significantly above the geochemical background level have been identified in soils (B horizon) on the Project. The anomalies remain open to the southwest and especially to the west-southwest. In most cases, mineralization previously recognized by prospecting, trenching and drilling show a spatial correlation with the soil anomalies. This is documented as well for the Éléonore gold deposit (operated by Goldcorp Inc.).
The soil anomalies suggest the presence of three (3) source areas that could represent an important mineralized system in the bedrock. These source areas, which have not yet been tested by drilling, stands out as part of the broad Sakami prospective trend with potential for near-surface discoveries. The Project remains largely under-explored. A total of 954 soil samples were collected for gold and indicator elements to test the possible presence of an extension of the La Pointe deposit to the west.
A drilling program consisting of a minimum of 3,000 m was announced by the Company on October 29 on the La Pointe deposit. This program is currently underway and is progressing well.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Quality assurance and quality control procedures were implemented to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the soil samples. The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. All samples are analyzed by aqua regia extraction with an inductively coupled plasma finish coupled with atomic emission spectroscopy (ICP-AES).
The field work was under the supervision of Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Vice-President Exploration and director of the Company. Normand Champigny, Ing., President and Chief Executive Officer, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Goldcorp’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant gold grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to swiftly explore this project in order to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec
- April 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 87.9 m of 7.14% including 21.0 m of 15.48% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre project
- April 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals extends previously announced new near-surface drill discoveries at Sakami including 1.27 g/t Au over 15 m and 4.66 g/t Au over 3.5 m
- March 26, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals drills new near-surface gold discoveries at Sakami including 14.20 g/t Au over 2.0 m and 5.05 g/t Au over 5.06 m
- February 14, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals updates the drilling at its Sakami gold project
- January 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation intersects 4.78 g/t Au over 6.0 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike, and starts winter drilling campaign
- December 13, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation grants stock options
- December 05, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation outlines a 2 km anomalous gold trend at Sakami