Montreal, December 5, 2018 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce very encouraging results obtained from the soil sampling program that was carried out during the fall. This survey covered an area west of the La Pointe gold deposit area located on the Sakami project (the “Project”). These results confirm the extension of the Sakami prospective trend over a distance of approximately 2 km (see Figures 1, 2 and 3 attached).
Strong and large coincidental gold and arsenic anomalies comprising of values significantly above the geochemical background level have been identified in soils (B horizon) on the Project. The anomalies remain open to the southwest and especially to the west-southwest. In most cases, mineralization previously recognized by prospecting, trenching and drilling show a spatial correlation with the soil anomalies. This is documented as well for the Éléonore gold deposit (operated by Goldcorp Inc.).
The soil anomalies suggest the presence of three (3) source areas that could represent an important mineralized system in the bedrock. These source areas, which have not yet been tested by drilling, stands out as part of the broad Sakami prospective trend with potential for near-surface discoveries. The Project remains largely under-explored. A total of 954 soil samples were collected for gold and indicator elements to test the possible presence of an extension of the La Pointe deposit to the west.
A drilling program consisting of a minimum of 3,000 m was announced by the Company on October 29 on the La Pointe deposit. This program is currently underway and is progressing well.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Quality assurance and quality control procedures were implemented to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the soil samples. The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. All samples are analyzed by aqua regia extraction with an inductively coupled plasma finish coupled with atomic emission spectroscopy (ICP-AES).
The field work was under the supervision of Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Vice-President Exploration and director of the Company. Normand Champigny, Ing., President and Chief Executive Officer, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Goldcorp’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant gold grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to swiftly explore this project in order to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 26, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Robert P. Boisjoli as Chief Financial Officer
- October 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation announces results of Annual and Special General shareholders meeting
- October 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation provides exploration update
- October 08, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: Reminder – Annual and Special General Meeting of Shareholders
- September 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals discovers a new gold and base metals system from surface sampling at Elmer East with grabs up to 17.75 g/t Au
- September 10, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals extends the La Pointe Extension discovery with 53 m at 1.03 g/t Au and near surface discovery at Simon
- August 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals expands La Pointe Extension discovery over 2 km; continues drilling
- August 04, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation change its stock symbol
- July 22, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drills 1.14 g/t Au over 70.3 m at La Pointe Extension discovery
- July 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Announces Postponement of its Annual General Meeting
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project
- June 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Drills 1.45 g/t Au over 35.4 m at La Pointe Extension Discovery
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset