Montreal, July 30, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEP, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce exploration plans for the first phase of the 2019 program in Quebec’s Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory. The program will primarily focus on advancing its flagship Sakami project and the La Pointe deposit, a significant gold system where a total of 100 diamond drill holes have intercepted the deposit. The first phase of the program at Sakami can be summarized as follows:
- Apple area – soil geochemistry, prospecting, rock sampling, trenching and channel sampling;
- Apple-La Pointe-Simon-JR trend – Heli-borne magnetic and radiometric survey (1,400 line- km);
- La Pointe area – prospecting and geological mapping;
- Simon-JR area – IP survey (15 line-km), prospecting, stripping and rock sampling; and
- Île area including Bouleaux d’or – prospecting and rock sampling.
In addition, soil geochemistry, prospecting/rock sampling and reconnaissance geological mapping will be carried out on the Annabelle, Blanche and Charles, Cheechoo-Éléonore Trend, and Opinaca Gold West projects to better assess the exploration potential with the objective of inviting other parties to form partnerships or acquire these projects.
“This is a very significant and exciting field season in QPM’s one-year history,” commented Normand Champigny, Chief Executive Officer. “Following a successful fall 2018 – winter 2019 campaign, our team continues to extend the size of the mineralized system at La Pointe and confirm the district size potential of the Sakami project. We expect this year’s program to be at least similar in size to last year’s, but with the vast majority of the meterage to be drilled at La Pointe. We recognize the technical input from Newmont Goldcorp, our largest shareholder (13.5%). We will continue to work with them and take advantage of their deep expertise.”
In preparation for future drilling, exploration activities are planned to help develop targets for an anticipated drill program beginning during the early part of the fall. Details of the second phase of the program will be finalized following a review of the results of the first phase.
Results from Annual General Meeting of shareholders
The Company announces that, at its annual meeting held on July 24, 2019, shareholders of the Company approved all the items, including:
- Election of Mario Caron, Normand Champigny, Dominique Dionne, John W.W. Hick, Jean- Sébastien Lavallée, Charles B. Main and Jean-François Meilleur as directors; and
- Appointment of KPMG LLP as auditors.
QPM also announces that it has engaged Peak Investor Marketing Corp. to provide certain marketing, public relations and advisory services.
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, Vice-President Exploration, director and shareholder of the Company, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Goldcorp Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 22, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals defines multiple gold targets ahead of drilling campaign along 13 km at Sakami
- October 02, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals reports high grade nickel mineralization at the Sakami gold project
- September 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals recovers historical drill cores at the Sakami gold project, provides exploration update
- August 20, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints RPA to complete a Mineral Resource estimate
- July 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals announces first phase of 2019 Exploration Program
- July 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals hires SGS Canada for resource model
- July 09, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report multiple 100 m+ intercepts and multiple 10%+ Cg zones at its non-core high grade La Loutre Flake Graphite Project
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec