Montreal, Quebec – April 25, 2016 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QX: MHREF) are pleased to announce that the La Pointe Zone of the Sakami property shows evidence of significant gold potential. The property covers a major geological contact between two sub-provinces that are very favorable for hosting gold deposits. This geological setting comprises the Opinaca sediments, the La Grande mafic volcanics, and iron formations in association with a strong deformation zone, notably near the tectonic contact of the La Grande-Opinaca sub-provinces. The mineralization style and tectonic setting share considerable similarities with the Eleonore mine held by Goldcorp and the Cheechoo showing held by Sirios Resources, such as :
- The mineralization associated with silicified paragneiss containing fine quartz veinlets.
- An alteration of quartz and brown tourmaline with minor arsenopyrite mineralization.
- An association of gold mineralization with a very proximal tonalite intrusion.
- The presence of gold mineralization associated with silicified paragneiss of the Opinaca basin, including fold structures.
The reader is cautioned that there is no guarantee that mineralization of the grade reported on the Cheechoo deposit will be identified on the Company’s Sakami project.
Recently, Sirios Resources announced significant gold results on the Cheechoo project with an intersection of 12.08 g/t Au over 20.3 meters (see press release of March 29, 2016 by Sirios Resources), as well as the closing of a private placement with Goldcorp in the amount of $ 962,000 (see press release of February 23, 2016).
Significant gold potential in the La Pointe Zone (Sakami Property)
The most significant drill hole intervals of the La Pointe zone are located along the northwest limit of the model, which remains open in that direction. Recent remodeling of the La Pointe zone revealed two superimposed main structures (vein 22 and 25), which have a relatively predictable continuity, as well as potential for additional veins (see figure 3 attached: Vertical Section).
The following table shows the best results of drilling to date on the La Pointe sector (these results have been already disclosed by press release on June 9, 2015):
Table of mineralized intersections from the recent drilling program 2013-2015
|Hole #||From (m)||To (m)||Length* (m)||Au (g/t)|
This area is recognized to date (see figure 3 attached: Vertical Section):
- the zone is continuous along a lateral distance of at least 250 m;
- the zone extends beyond 500 m depth down the dip of the structures;
- the mineralization remains open to the northwest, as well as at depth, with the best intersects along the northern edge (see figure 2 attached: Plan view).
These mineralized horizons are sub-parallel to the major tectonic contact, which spans more than 15 km on the Sakami property (See figure 1 attached: Sakami Property Geology).
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 20,000 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- September 20, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Congratulates Harfang Exploration on its Spodumene Discovery near the Sakami Project, James Bay, Quebec
- August 22, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Identifies High Priority Lithium Targets on James Bay Projects
- August 09, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options and Deferred Share Units, Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 28, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes Second and Final Tranche of $1.4 M Private Placement, Announces Results of Annual Shareholders Meeting, Appoints Geneviève Ayotte as director
- July 12, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes first tranche of Private Placement
- June 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Private Placement
- May 05, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- March 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Reveal Lithium Potential on James Bay Projects and Hires IR Firm Paradox
- February 03, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital