MONTREAL, Feb. 14, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) report on the progress of the drilling campaign at its 100% owned Sakami project, Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec. The winter drilling program is progressing well at the 43-Simon-9.6 area, located about 6 km NNE of the La Pointe area, where specific surface targets identified from previous exploration are being tested.
In the 43-Simon-9.6 area, ten diamond drill holes (“DDH”) have been completed as follows:
- 4 DDH (totalling 635 m) in the 43 showing area where the best result obtained from historical channel sampling was 2.1 g/t Au over 2.5 m, including 5.5 g/t Au over 0.5 m, (Quebec Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, GM 59019). There is also one historical DDH that returned 2.0 g/t Au over 6.0 m;
- 4 DDH (totalling 612 m) in the Simon showing area with a fifth currently being drilled. The Simon showing was discovered as a result of prospecting work carried out in the summer of 2015 on the Peninsula area, which returned 45.9 g/t Au in a chip sample. Channel sampling results of up to 20.8 g/t Au over 1 m and 17.5 g/t Au over 1 m have been also reported (see press release of November 8, 2016); and
- 2 DDH (totalling 273 m) in the 9.6 showing area where the best results obtained from historical channel sampling were 17.9 g/t Au over 1.5 m, 7.7 g/t Au over 1.5 m, and 13.7 g/t Au over 1.0 m (Quebec Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, GM 62497).
Two core photographs from DDH SI-19-03 drilled in the Simon showing area are attached. The photographs are of selected DDH intersections and are not necessarily representative of the mineralization hosted on the project. An interpreted mineralized zone was intersected between 127 to 135 m and contains disseminated to semi-massive pyrite, pyrrhotite and arsenopyrite in an Iron formation. Similar mineralized zones have been intersected in each of the 10 DDH. Most of the observed mineralisation is hosted in basalts of the Yasinski Group in contact with sedimentary rocks of the Laguiche Group (Opinaca Subprovince) to the east.
It is anticipated that a total of 11 DDH will be drilled in this area for a total of approximately 1,650 metres. The analytical results are expected to be available within the next month. The drilling program will then continue with up to 9 DDH (about 3,500 meters) in the La Pointe area.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Quality assurance and quality control procedures have been implemented to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one-half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates, standards and blanks were inserted regularly into the sample stream. The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by fire assay with AA finish on a 30 g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au), with a gravimetric finish for assays over 10 ppm Au.
The field work was under the supervision of Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), Vice-President Exploration, director and shareholder of the Company. Normand Champigny, Ing., Chief Executive Officer, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Goldcorp’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- February 14, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals updates the drilling at its Sakami gold project
- January 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation intersects 4.78 g/t Au over 6.0 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike, and starts winter drilling campaign
- December 13, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation grants stock options
- December 05, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation outlines a 2 km anomalous gold trend at Sakami
- November 08, 2018 Debt Settlement
- October 29, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals initiates fall exploration program at Sakami focusing on the La Pointe area
- October 24, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals announces message from CEO
- September 18, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals welcomes you on its website
- September 10, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 3.22 g/t Au over 31.5 m and 3.59 g/t Au over 27 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike by 100 m
- July 12, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation reports correction to the number of issued and outstanding common shares
- June 28, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec close $5.4 million and create Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
- June 19, 2018 Annual and Special Meeting
- June 04, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec file joint circular regarding annual and special meetings for shareholder votes on business combination
- May 31, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec intersect 3.08 g/t Au over 15 m and 5.31 g/t Au over 4.5 m on the Sakami Property