Montreal, December 15, 2021 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: QPM, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) is proud to announce that it has received certification to UL 2723: ECOLOGO Certification Program for Responsible Development for Mineral Exploration Companies. QPM has successfully earned UL’s ECOLOGO® Certification, which includes use of the UL ECOLOGO® Mark, and registration in UL’s SPOT sustainable product database. The Company is pleased with this accomplishment and intends to continue working to promote this certification and its advantages, helping to make it a key objective in the mineral exploration sector.
Supported by industry, investors and government authorities, the Quebec Mineral Exploration Association (QMEA) initiated, in 2012, the certification project aimed at evaluating and recognizing the responsible practices of mineral exploration companies and their service providers. The Chair in Mining Entrepreneurship (CME) of the Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue/Université du Québec à Montréal developed the first version of the normative document and UL created UL 2723 based on CME’s document, which can be used for ECOLOGO® Certification.
Normand Champigny, CEO of QPM, stated: “We are proud to achieve this certification, especially since it exemplifies our commitment to implementing leading environmental, social and economic practices as essential to our success and creating significant shareholder value. We would like to thank the Quebec Mineral Exploration Association and their coaching program for their collaboration. We greatly appreciate their support and guidance and are grateful for their contribution to the success of our efforts.”
A plan for the future
The responsible development of mineral resources has become a requisite. It is a factor in all parts of society, and every project needs to be designed and executed with it in mind. For mineral exploration companies and their service providers, that entails applying leading social, environmental, and economic practices.
For QPM, UL ECOLOGO® Certification for Mineral Exploration promotes a better work environment, motivates employees, improves the Company’s appeal as an employer, strengthens strategic planning, and aids in risk management. QPM believes that being UL certified means that QPM will likely be better prepared for changes to legislation and could enter into better relationships with local communities and other stakeholders, which will contribute to the social acceptability of the Company’s projects. In completing the process, QPM showed that it has met all of the responsible development indicators required to achieve UL ECOLOGO® Certification for Mineral Exploration.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore the Project and to advance to the mineral resource estimate stage.
The Quebec Mineral Exploration Association (QMEA) is a non-profit organization that represents players in Quebec’s mining sector. Founded in 1975 to increase mining exploration in Québec and support development of Québec’s mining entrepreneurship, QMEA now has 1,000 individual members (prospectors, geologists, geophysicists, brokers, tax experts, attorneys, etc.) and 150 corporate members.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Certification for Mineral Exploration
QMEA’S coaching program
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital
- September 19, 2022 Idaho Champion Goes Full Battery by Acquiring Prospective Lithium Projects in James Bay Region; Quebec Precious Metals to Become Significant Shareholder
- September 08, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to hold AGM on October 11th and Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 22, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals Postponement of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- May 26, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 0.84 g/t Au over 63 m downhole, higher-grade core extended +200 m at depth, open in all directions
- March 23, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals and GoldSpot provide an update on the Elmer East project: multiple gold targets over 4.5 km
- March 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- March 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 69.6 g/t Au over 0.6 m within 1.32 g/t Au over 94 m downhole
- February 24, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals identifies drill targets over 2.5-km along strike from the La Pointe Extension gold deposit
- February 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals reports preliminary metallurgical test results from Sakami: up to 99% gold recoveries
- February 07, 2022 Vital and Quebec Precious Metals Corporation amend Kipawa/Zeus acquisition terms