Montreal, June 1, 2021 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: QPM, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) is pleased to inform that it has filed a National Instrument 43-101 Technical Report (the “Report”) for the Sakami Project (the “Project”).
The Report was prepared by Messrs. Normand Champigny, Eng. and Richard Nieminen, P. Geo., of QPM, who are qualified persons under NI 43-101. The Technical Report can be found on the Company’s website or under the Company’s profile at www.sedar.com.
The Report presents an updated summary of the surface and drilling programs carried out on the Project since the publication of the November 24, 2017 NI 43-101 technical report submitted by SGS Canada for Canada Strategic Metals Inc. and Matamec Explorations Inc., and in particular the drilling campaigns completed in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The Report clearly demonstrates that:
- there is considerable potential to host economic gold mineralization at the La Pointe deposit and La Pointe Extension area; and
- the Project warrants additional drilling to extend the known mineralization and to then be in a position to prepare a maiden NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource estimate.
QPM has completed the winter phase of the 2021 exploration work program (7 holes, 2,079 m). Assay results are being reviewed and will be released shortly. These results will be used to guide the summer field program. The program comprises an additional 12,000 m of drilling in 40+ holes. With the recently completed financing of $3.25M, the Company is fully funded to execute the 2021 program.
To execute this program, the Company relies on a highly experienced team with considerable knowledge of the area and gold exploration. The key team members that are leading the program are:
- Richard Nieminen, P.Geo., Senior Exploration Manager, with over 30 years of experience and who has participated in the discoveries of two mines in Quebec; and
- Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, Advisor, who has been working on the Project since the early 2000, with the Company and with Consul-Teck Exploration Minière Inc.
The Project provides the Company with a controlling position over a 23-kilometre-long segment of a favourable geological contact and comprises 281 claims (142 km2). It is located 570 km north of Val d’Or, Quebec, 120 km east of the municipality of Wemindji, 90 km from the Éléonore gold mine and 47 km northeast of the paved James Bay Road. Good infrastructure is present including major access roads, a hydro-powered electric grid and airports. Drilling can be carried out throughout the year.
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Richard Nieminen, P. Geo., Senior Exploration Manager, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore the project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital
- September 19, 2022 Idaho Champion Goes Full Battery by Acquiring Prospective Lithium Projects in James Bay Region; Quebec Precious Metals to Become Significant Shareholder
- September 08, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to hold AGM on October 11th and Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 22, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals Postponement of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- May 26, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 0.84 g/t Au over 63 m downhole, higher-grade core extended +200 m at depth, open in all directions
- March 23, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals and GoldSpot provide an update on the Elmer East project: multiple gold targets over 4.5 km
- March 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- March 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 69.6 g/t Au over 0.6 m within 1.32 g/t Au over 94 m downhole
- February 24, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals identifies drill targets over 2.5-km along strike from the La Pointe Extension gold deposit
- February 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals reports preliminary metallurgical test results from Sakami: up to 99% gold recoveries
- February 07, 2022 Vital and Quebec Precious Metals Corporation amend Kipawa/Zeus acquisition terms