MONTREAL, QC – June 23, 2020 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSXV:CJC)(OTCQB:CJCFF)(FSE:YXEP) is pleased to announce that it is has resumed exploration activities on its 100%-owned Sakami project in the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory of Quebec. The activities include a 7,000 m diamond drilling program in the area of the La Pointe Extension discovery using one drill rig. Drilling can be performed year-round (see press releases of January 14, April 21 and June 18, 2020).
The objective is to expand the La Pointe Extension discovery, which consists of several significant drill hole intersections, including 1.15 g/t Au over 80.1 metres. The recent drilling at the La Pointe Extension discovery indicates a gold mineralized system and significant exploration potential 2 km to the southwest of the La Pointe deposit. The drilling targets are defined by spatially correlated induced polarization (“IP”) and gold-arsenic soil geochemical anomalies as well as gold-bearing surface showings along a well-defined mineralized trend.
The activities during June comprise:
- an IP survey to expand the known anomalies to the southwest;
- capture of down-hole wall imaging data in selected drill holes to assist with the geological interpretation; and
- a bathymetry survey near the shoreline of the La Pointe deposit area.
QPM has implemented a rigorous protocol to ensure the protection of all stakeholders in the region and in accordance with the INSPQ and CNESST guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Company’s protocol has been communicated to and reviewed by the Cree Nation Government. QPM recognizes the excellent cooperation on the part of the Cree authorities to help with exploration programs during this challenging period. The Company concluded its winter program exploration programs on March 25, 2020, to respect the Government of Quebec’s decree in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Jean-Sébastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, Vice-President Exploration, director and shareholder of the Company, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to find the next gold mine in this territory.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- May 05, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes second and final tranche of oversubscribed $3,228,000 private placement
- May 04, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes first tranche of $2,634,399 private placement
- April 21, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals upsizes private placement offering of common shares to $ 2.7 Million
- April 14, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals announces $1.5 million private placement of common shares
- March 04, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals announces start of drilling at Sakami and retains services of Hinge Markets Inc.
- February 22, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals issues deferred shares units and grants stock options
- February 01, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives payment of $1.125 M; Lomiko acquires 100 % of the La Loutre graphite project
- January 27, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on Sakami drilling and outlines plans for 2021
- January 26, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Richard Nieminen as Senior Exploration Manager
- January 20, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals obtains 4.06 g/t Au, 38.85 g/t Ag, 1.72 % Zn, 1.88 % Pb over 2.0 m from channel sampling on the Elmer East project
- January 13, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives payments of $300,000 from sales of non-core assets
- December 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drilling returns High Grade at La Pointe Extension: 60.8 g/t Au over 0.3 m within 1.4 m at 15.01 g/t Au, initiates metallurgical testing
- December 10, 2020 Fjordland to acquire historic Renzy Nickel Copper project, Quebec; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset
- November 24, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 42 m at 1.31 g/t Au, including 16.8 m at 1.95 g/t Au at La Pointe Extension