Download PDF | View documents on Sedar
Montreal, October 15, 2020 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: QPM, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) today provides an update on its exploration programs in the Quebec’s Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory. The main focus was to carry out a drilling program to advance the Sakami gold project to the resource estimate stage by the end of the year. Surface exploration work was also carried out to provide an initial assessment of exploration targets on the Company’s Elmer East project.
“In spite of the delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased with our accomplishments so far this year,” stated Normand Champigny, CEO of QPM. “As of early October 2020, we have completed 12,500 metres of drilling this year and expanded considerably the exploration potential of the Sakami project with the discovery of the La Pointe Extension. In addition, we have made an early stage gold and base metals discovery on the Elmer East project. Our exploration efforts in 2021 will be centered on these two projects.”
The remainder of the 2020 program will consist of:
- Preparation of an updated geological model in light of the drilling results from the La Pointe Extension drilling during the fall;
- Evaluation of the channel sampling program recently completed at the Lloyd discovery on the Elmer East project; and
- Planning exploration programs on the Company’s projects on the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory for the entire 2021 and drilling programs on the Sakami project at the beginning of the upcoming winter.
QPM has released an updated corporate presentation on the Company’s website. This document using the following link:
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Tony Brisson, P. Geo., Senior Exploration Manager, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to find the next gold mine in this territory.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- February 03, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital
- September 19, 2022 Idaho Champion Goes Full Battery by Acquiring Prospective Lithium Projects in James Bay Region; Quebec Precious Metals to Become Significant Shareholder
- September 08, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to hold AGM on October 11th and Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 22, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals Postponement of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- May 26, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 0.84 g/t Au over 63 m downhole, higher-grade core extended +200 m at depth, open in all directions
- March 23, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals and GoldSpot provide an update on the Elmer East project: multiple gold targets over 4.5 km
- March 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- March 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 69.6 g/t Au over 0.6 m within 1.32 g/t Au over 94 m downhole
- February 24, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals identifies drill targets over 2.5-km along strike from the La Pointe Extension gold deposit