Montreal, October 15, 2020 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: QPM, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) today provides an update on its exploration programs in the Quebec’s Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory. The main focus was to carry out a drilling program to advance the Sakami gold project to the resource estimate stage by the end of the year. Surface exploration work was also carried out to provide an initial assessment of exploration targets on the Company’s Elmer East project.
“In spite of the delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased with our accomplishments so far this year,” stated Normand Champigny, CEO of QPM. “As of early October 2020, we have completed 12,500 metres of drilling this year and expanded considerably the exploration potential of the Sakami project with the discovery of the La Pointe Extension. In addition, we have made an early stage gold and base metals discovery on the Elmer East project. Our exploration efforts in 2021 will be centered on these two projects.”
The remainder of the 2020 program will consist of:
- Preparation of an updated geological model in light of the drilling results from the La Pointe Extension drilling during the fall;
- Evaluation of the channel sampling program recently completed at the Lloyd discovery on the Elmer East project; and
- Planning exploration programs on the Company’s projects on the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory for the entire 2021 and drilling programs on the Sakami project at the beginning of the upcoming winter.
QPM has released an updated corporate presentation on the Company’s website. This document using the following link:
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Tony Brisson, P. Geo., Senior Exploration Manager, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to find the next gold mine in this territory.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- September 20, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Congratulates Harfang Exploration on its Spodumene Discovery near the Sakami Project, James Bay, Quebec
- August 22, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Identifies High Priority Lithium Targets on James Bay Projects
- August 09, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options and Deferred Share Units, Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 28, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes Second and Final Tranche of $1.4 M Private Placement, Announces Results of Annual Shareholders Meeting, Appoints Geneviève Ayotte as director
- July 12, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes first tranche of Private Placement
- June 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Private Placement
- May 05, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- March 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Reveal Lithium Potential on James Bay Projects and Hires IR Firm Paradox
- February 03, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital