Montreal, October 15, 2020 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: QPM, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) today provides an update on its exploration programs in the Quebec’s Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory. The main focus was to carry out a drilling program to advance the Sakami gold project to the resource estimate stage by the end of the year. Surface exploration work was also carried out to provide an initial assessment of exploration targets on the Company’s Elmer East project.
“In spite of the delays related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are pleased with our accomplishments so far this year,” stated Normand Champigny, CEO of QPM. “As of early October 2020, we have completed 12,500 metres of drilling this year and expanded considerably the exploration potential of the Sakami project with the discovery of the La Pointe Extension. In addition, we have made an early stage gold and base metals discovery on the Elmer East project. Our exploration efforts in 2021 will be centered on these two projects.”
The remainder of the 2020 program will consist of:
- Preparation of an updated geological model in light of the drilling results from the La Pointe Extension drilling during the fall;
- Evaluation of the channel sampling program recently completed at the Lloyd discovery on the Elmer East project; and
- Planning exploration programs on the Company’s projects on the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory for the entire 2021 and drilling programs on the Sakami project at the beginning of the upcoming winter.
QPM has released an updated corporate presentation on the Company’s website. This document using the following link:
Normand Champigny, Eng., Chief Executive Officer of the Company, and Tony Brisson, P. Geo., Senior Exploration Manager, both Qualified Persons under NI 43- 101 on standards of disclosure for mineral projects, have prepared and approved the technical content of this release.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to find the next gold mine in this territory.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 26, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Robert P. Boisjoli as Chief Financial Officer
- October 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation announces results of Annual and Special General shareholders meeting
- October 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation provides exploration update
- October 08, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: Reminder – Annual and Special General Meeting of Shareholders
- September 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals discovers a new gold and base metals system from surface sampling at Elmer East with grabs up to 17.75 g/t Au
- September 10, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals extends the La Pointe Extension discovery with 53 m at 1.03 g/t Au and near surface discovery at Simon
- August 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals expands La Pointe Extension discovery over 2 km; continues drilling
- August 04, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation change its stock symbol
- July 22, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drills 1.14 g/t Au over 70.3 m at La Pointe Extension discovery
- July 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Announces Postponement of its Annual General Meeting
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project
- June 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Drills 1.45 g/t Au over 35.4 m at La Pointe Extension Discovery
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset