Montreal, January 26, 2021 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: QPM, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) is pleased to inform that Richard Nieminen has been appointed as senior exploration manager. Richard replaces Tony Brisson who has recently accepted the position of President and CEO of SOQUEM. He will be planning, coordinating and controlling all exploration activities of the Company in close collaboration with the technical team of the Company.
Mr. Nieminen has worked in mineral exploration and at mining operations in Quebec, elsewhere in Canada and internationally. He was part of teams that have received the prize of Prospector of the Year Award by the Association de l’exploration minière du Québec (AEMQ) for the discoveries of West Ansil (2005) and Bracemac-McLeod (2007). Until recently, M. Nieminen was the Exploration Manager for Radisson Mining Ressources. He is a professional geologist and a member of the Ordre des géologues du Québec. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Geology (B.Sc., Earth Sciences) from the Université du Québec, Montréal.
“We are pleased to welcome Mr. Nieminen in our team. With 30 years of experience in exploration on a wide variety of projects including gold projects, he will strengthen our expertise to advance the Sakami project and other gold projects in the James Bay region. We also want to recognize the very significant contribution that Tony Brisson has made as senior exploration manager for QPM. Tony participated in the discovery process of the La Pointe Extension at Sakami and Lloyd at Elmer East.”
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore the project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- September 20, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Congratulates Harfang Exploration on its Spodumene Discovery near the Sakami Project, James Bay, Quebec
- August 22, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Identifies High Priority Lithium Targets on James Bay Projects
- August 09, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options and Deferred Share Units, Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 28, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes Second and Final Tranche of $1.4 M Private Placement, Announces Results of Annual Shareholders Meeting, Appoints Geneviève Ayotte as director
- July 12, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes first tranche of Private Placement
- June 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Private Placement
- May 05, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- March 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Reveal Lithium Potential on James Bay Projects and Hires IR Firm Paradox
- February 03, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital