Montreal, January 26, 2021 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (“QPM” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: QPM, OTCQB: CJCFF, FSE: YXEP) is pleased to inform that Richard Nieminen has been appointed as senior exploration manager. Richard replaces Tony Brisson who has recently accepted the position of President and CEO of SOQUEM. He will be planning, coordinating and controlling all exploration activities of the Company in close collaboration with the technical team of the Company.
Mr. Nieminen has worked in mineral exploration and at mining operations in Quebec, elsewhere in Canada and internationally. He was part of teams that have received the prize of Prospector of the Year Award by the Association de l’exploration minière du Québec (AEMQ) for the discoveries of West Ansil (2005) and Bracemac-McLeod (2007). Until recently, M. Nieminen was the Exploration Manager for Radisson Mining Ressources. He is a professional geologist and a member of the Ordre des géologues du Québec. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Geology (B.Sc., Earth Sciences) from the Université du Québec, Montréal.
“We are pleased to welcome Mr. Nieminen in our team. With 30 years of experience in exploration on a wide variety of projects including gold projects, he will strengthen our expertise to advance the Sakami project and other gold projects in the James Bay region. We also want to recognize the very significant contribution that Tony Brisson has made as senior exploration manager for QPM. Tony participated in the discovery process of the La Pointe Extension at Sakami and Lloyd at Elmer East.”
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory, Quebec, near Newmont Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore the project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information, please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- May 05, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes second and final tranche of oversubscribed $3,228,000 private placement
- May 04, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes first tranche of $2,634,399 private placement
- April 21, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals upsizes private placement offering of common shares to $ 2.7 Million
- April 14, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals announces $1.5 million private placement of common shares
- March 04, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals announces start of drilling at Sakami and retains services of Hinge Markets Inc.
- February 22, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals issues deferred shares units and grants stock options
- February 01, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives payment of $1.125 M; Lomiko acquires 100 % of the La Loutre graphite project
- January 27, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on Sakami drilling and outlines plans for 2021
- January 26, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Richard Nieminen as Senior Exploration Manager
- January 20, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals obtains 4.06 g/t Au, 38.85 g/t Ag, 1.72 % Zn, 1.88 % Pb over 2.0 m from channel sampling on the Elmer East project
- January 13, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives payments of $300,000 from sales of non-core assets
- December 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drilling returns High Grade at La Pointe Extension: 60.8 g/t Au over 0.3 m within 1.4 m at 15.01 g/t Au, initiates metallurgical testing
- December 10, 2020 Fjordland to acquire historic Renzy Nickel Copper project, Quebec; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset
- November 24, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 42 m at 1.31 g/t Au, including 16.8 m at 1.95 g/t Au at La Pointe Extension