Montreal, May 31, 2019 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEP, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Mario Caron, Mrs. Dominique Dionne and Mr. Charles B. Main to its Board of Directors as independent non-executive directors, effective immediately.
Mr. Caron has 40 years of wide-ranging mining industry experience in project development, operations, capital markets and governance/disclosure best practices. He is the Chairman and acting Chief Executive Officer of New Millenium Iron Corp. and currently on the Board of Directors of Algold Resources Ltd. and Falco Resources Ltd. Mr. Caron has also been President, Chief Executive Officer and a Director of several companies involved in the exploration and development of metals worldwide including Aldridge Minerals Inc., Axmin Inc., Tiberon Minerals Ltd. and Defiance Mining Corporation. Earlier in his career, Mr. Caron was Vice President Mining and Infrastructure for PricewaterhouseCoopers Securities Inc. He holds a B. Eng. in Mining from McGill University, and is a member of the Quebec Order of Engineers as well as the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario.
Mrs. Dionne is a seasoned communications and public relations executive with over 30 years of experience in large corporations known as global leaders in their industries. She has extensive background in investment institutions, natural resources industries including mining, metallurgy and forestry, and international cooperation organizations. She was a member of the Board of Quebec Mining Association from 2006 to 2013 and acted as Chair of the Board for the last two years of her tenure. She currently chairs the Board of Directors of Public Relations without Borders (PRWB) and is a Director of the Foundation of the University of Quebec in Montreal and of the Fabienne Colas Foundation. Mrs. Dionne is a graduate of the Program for Management Development at Harvard Business School and holds a BA from the University of Quebec in Montreal.
Charles B. Main
Mr. Main brings over 30 years of experience in the mining and finance industries, having most recently served as Executive Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Yamana Gold Inc. from August 2003 to March 2017. He is currently an independent Director and Chair of the Audit Committee with Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd and Director of Critical Elements Corporation. Mr. Main is a Chartered Professional Accountant and began his career with 10 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Mr. Main has also held positions including Director of Corporate Development with Newmont Capital Corporation, Vice President of Normandy Mining Limited and Outokumpu Mines Ltd., as well as Vice President, Finance of TVX Gold Inc. Mr. Main holds a Bachelor of Commerce from McGill University.
“We are very pleased to welcome Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to our Board of Directors. Their combined talent and extensive experience in mining, public affairs and financing will provide a greater depth to our Board. The Company will continue to strengthen its team as we carry on with exploration in the James Bay Eeyou Istchee territory in Quebec”, stated John W.W. Hick, Chairman of QPM.
Mr. Michel Gauthier has resigned from the Board for personal reasons (effective immediately). Mr. François Biron has informed the Board that he will not stand for re-election at the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting (scheduled to be held on July 24, 2019) as he prioritizes work, board responsibilities, and personal priorities.
“We thank Michel Gauthier and François Biron for their contributions to the launch of Quebec Precious Metals Corporation in June 2018 and since that time. Michel’s unparalleled knowledge of the exploration potential of the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory and François’ constant support to establish a solid foundation for growth were invaluable.”, said Normand Champigny, Chief Executive Officer of QPM.
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Newmont Goldcorp Corporation’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- August 20, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints RPA to complete a Mineral Resource estimate
- July 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals announces first phase of 2019 Exploration Program
- July 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals hires SGS Canada for resource model
- July 09, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report multiple 100 m+ intercepts and multiple 10%+ Cg zones at its non-core high grade La Loutre Flake Graphite Project
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec
- April 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 87.9 m of 7.14% including 21.0 m of 15.48% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre project
- April 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals extends previously announced new near-surface drill discoveries at Sakami including 1.27 g/t Au over 15 m and 4.66 g/t Au over 3.5 m
- March 26, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals drills new near-surface gold discoveries at Sakami including 14.20 g/t Au over 2.0 m and 5.05 g/t Au over 5.06 m