Montreal, October 24, 2018 – Quebec Precious Metals Corporation (TSX.V: CJC, FSE: YXEN, OTC-BB: CJCFF) (“QPM” or the “Company”)is pleased to provide a message from its Chief Executive Officer, Normand Champigny:
“Since my joining and the creation of QPM, the focus has been on the planning of exploration activities on the 100% owned Sakami gold project, a large and unique asset. We began by reviewing all existing geological information. This was followed by the creation of a technical committee with Goldcorp Inc., our most significant shareholder. Following a field visit last September, an exploration plan for the fall and next winter was developed, approved and will be announced shortly. Our objective is to identify a multi-million ounce resource at Sakami and to advance the project towards realizing its full potential. We will also continue exploring and evaluating other projects in the Eeyou Istchee James Bay territory in Quebec.
While focusing on Sakami and exploring the region, the Company will monetize non-core assets. This has started with the sale of its 100% interests in the: (1) Tansim lithium project to Sayona Mining Limited, who is planning to drill later this year (see Sayona’s press release dated August 20, 2018); and (2) Somanike nickel project to VaniCom Limited.
We know there is considerable potential to find gold resources in the James Bay region. This is our goal. As we look to the future, we are concentrated on continually improving our understanding of the gold potential of this region while operating in a safe, environmentally responsible manner and working closely with the local Cree communities. This is how we will create significant value for shareholders and other stakeholders.”
About Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
QPM is a new gold explorer with a large land position in the highly-prospective Eeyou Istchee James Bay region, Quebec, near Goldcorp’s Éléonore gold mine. QPM’s flagship project is the Sakami project with significant grades and well-defined drill-ready targets. QPM’s goal is to rapidly explore this project to advance it to the mineral resource estimate stage.
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 514 951-2730
Paradox Public Relations
Tel: 514 341-0408
Chief Executive Officer
Tel.: 514 979-4746
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 29, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals initiates fall exploration program at Sakami focusing on the La Pointe area
- October 24, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals announces message from CEO
- September 18, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals welcomes you on its website
- September 10, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 3.22 g/t Au over 31.5 m and 3.59 g/t Au over 27 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike by 100 m
- July 12, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation reports correction to the number of issued and outstanding common shares
- June 28, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec close $5.4 million and create Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
- June 19, 2018 Annual and Special Meeting
- June 04, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec file joint circular regarding annual and special meetings for shareholder votes on business combination
- May 31, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec intersect 3.08 g/t Au over 15 m and 5.31 g/t Au over 4.5 m on the Sakami Property
- April 26, 2018 Strategic Investment by Goldcorp to Create a New Gold Explorer in the Eeyou Istchee James Bay Territory of Quebec with Canada Strategic Metals, Matamec Explorations and Sphinx Resources
- March 01, 2018 Canada Strategic Mobilizes Second Drill & Increases its Drilling Program to 8,000 metres
- February 08, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals begins a 5,000 meters drill program at Sakami Gold
- November 22, 2017 Canada Strategic Metals discovers 2 zones at Annabelle returning 6.14 g/t au & 1.02 g/t au 32.6 g/t ag, 2.37% cu & 372 ppm Cobalt in grab samples
- August 23, 2017 Canada Strategic Metals undertakes a vast exploration program on its James Bay gold properties