Montreal, Quebec – August 24, 2016 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Strategic Metals” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dwayne Melrose as Director of the Corporation.
“We are very pleased to have Mr. Melrose joining the Canada Strategic’s team, commented Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, President and CEO of Canada Strategic Metals. Mr. Melrose’s experience in taking projects from exploration through development stage will provide great benefits for Canada Strategic Metals and its shareholders. He has respect within the capital markets in both North America and Europe, which will provide further benefits. The appointment of Dwayne as a Director is an asset to the long term strategic plan of the Company “.
Mr. Melrose has over 30 years’ experience in the mining industry where he has been very successful in advancing the companies from exploration into development stage. As President/CEO of True Gold Mining Inc., True Gold progressed from an exploration (pre-Preliminary Economic Assessment) company into a fully permitted and financed company that was in mine construction, in just over 3 years. Mr. Melrose was instrumental in re-focusing the project from a high Capex project into a low Capex high margin, heap leach project.
He spent plus twenty years with Cameco Corporation/Centerra Gold Inc. in Canada, the USA, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. Mr. Melrose was responsible for the exploration team and all programs at the Kumtor Gold Mine in the Kyrgyz Republic where he was responsible for the discovery of the high grade SB Zone, which significantly increased the reserves and resources at the mine.
Mr. Melrose joined the Minco Mining Group in 2007, where the company successfully progressed from exploration into development stage and greatly increased in shareholder value. Mr. Melrose was directly responsible for defining the Fuwan silver deposit (157 million ounces).
The Corporation has granted Mr. Melrose 200,000 stock options, each of which entitles its holder to acquire one common share for $0.205 until August 24, 2021.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project
- June 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Drills 1.45 g/t Au over 35.4 m at La Pointe Extension Discovery
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset
- April 29, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals: New Corporate Presentation
- April 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals announces La Pointe Extension discovery: 1.15 g/t Au over 80.1 m at Sakami project, extends deposit 2 km in step-out drilling
- March 25, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals concludes winter drilling activities at Sakami
- March 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Tony Brisson as senior exploration manager
- March 12, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Announces U.S. Trading on OTCQB Venture Market Under Symbol CJCFF
- February 27, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Starts Second Drill at Sakami
- February 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options
- January 30, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals covers the Elmer East project with a heliborne geophysical survey along trend with Azimut’s gold discovery, James Bay, Quebec
- January 28, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals generates the Elmer East project along trend with Azimut’s gold discovery, James Bay, Quebec
- January 14, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals to Drill 25,000 m at Sakami