Montreal, Quebec – August 24, 2016 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Strategic Metals” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dwayne Melrose as Director of the Corporation.
“We are very pleased to have Mr. Melrose joining the Canada Strategic’s team, commented Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, President and CEO of Canada Strategic Metals. Mr. Melrose’s experience in taking projects from exploration through development stage will provide great benefits for Canada Strategic Metals and its shareholders. He has respect within the capital markets in both North America and Europe, which will provide further benefits. The appointment of Dwayne as a Director is an asset to the long term strategic plan of the Company “.
Mr. Melrose has over 30 years’ experience in the mining industry where he has been very successful in advancing the companies from exploration into development stage. As President/CEO of True Gold Mining Inc., True Gold progressed from an exploration (pre-Preliminary Economic Assessment) company into a fully permitted and financed company that was in mine construction, in just over 3 years. Mr. Melrose was instrumental in re-focusing the project from a high Capex project into a low Capex high margin, heap leach project.
He spent plus twenty years with Cameco Corporation/Centerra Gold Inc. in Canada, the USA, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. Mr. Melrose was responsible for the exploration team and all programs at the Kumtor Gold Mine in the Kyrgyz Republic where he was responsible for the discovery of the high grade SB Zone, which significantly increased the reserves and resources at the mine.
Mr. Melrose joined the Minco Mining Group in 2007, where the company successfully progressed from exploration into development stage and greatly increased in shareholder value. Mr. Melrose was directly responsible for defining the Fuwan silver deposit (157 million ounces).
The Corporation has granted Mr. Melrose 200,000 stock options, each of which entitles its holder to acquire one common share for $0.205 until August 24, 2021.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- May 05, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes second and final tranche of oversubscribed $3,228,000 private placement
- May 04, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes first tranche of $2,634,399 private placement
- April 21, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals upsizes private placement offering of common shares to $ 2.7 Million
- April 14, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals announces $1.5 million private placement of common shares
- March 04, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals announces start of drilling at Sakami and retains services of Hinge Markets Inc.
- February 22, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals issues deferred shares units and grants stock options
- February 01, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives payment of $1.125 M; Lomiko acquires 100 % of the La Loutre graphite project
- January 27, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on Sakami drilling and outlines plans for 2021
- January 26, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Richard Nieminen as Senior Exploration Manager
- January 20, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals obtains 4.06 g/t Au, 38.85 g/t Ag, 1.72 % Zn, 1.88 % Pb over 2.0 m from channel sampling on the Elmer East project
- January 13, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives payments of $300,000 from sales of non-core assets
- December 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drilling returns High Grade at La Pointe Extension: 60.8 g/t Au over 0.3 m within 1.4 m at 15.01 g/t Au, initiates metallurgical testing
- December 10, 2020 Fjordland to acquire historic Renzy Nickel Copper project, Quebec; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset
- November 24, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 42 m at 1.31 g/t Au, including 16.8 m at 1.95 g/t Au at La Pointe Extension