Montreal, Quebec – August 24, 2016 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Strategic Metals” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dwayne Melrose as Director of the Corporation.
“We are very pleased to have Mr. Melrose joining the Canada Strategic’s team, commented Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, President and CEO of Canada Strategic Metals. Mr. Melrose’s experience in taking projects from exploration through development stage will provide great benefits for Canada Strategic Metals and its shareholders. He has respect within the capital markets in both North America and Europe, which will provide further benefits. The appointment of Dwayne as a Director is an asset to the long term strategic plan of the Company “.
Mr. Melrose has over 30 years’ experience in the mining industry where he has been very successful in advancing the companies from exploration into development stage. As President/CEO of True Gold Mining Inc., True Gold progressed from an exploration (pre-Preliminary Economic Assessment) company into a fully permitted and financed company that was in mine construction, in just over 3 years. Mr. Melrose was instrumental in re-focusing the project from a high Capex project into a low Capex high margin, heap leach project.
He spent plus twenty years with Cameco Corporation/Centerra Gold Inc. in Canada, the USA, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. Mr. Melrose was responsible for the exploration team and all programs at the Kumtor Gold Mine in the Kyrgyz Republic where he was responsible for the discovery of the high grade SB Zone, which significantly increased the reserves and resources at the mine.
Mr. Melrose joined the Minco Mining Group in 2007, where the company successfully progressed from exploration into development stage and greatly increased in shareholder value. Mr. Melrose was directly responsible for defining the Fuwan silver deposit (157 million ounces).
The Corporation has granted Mr. Melrose 200,000 stock options, each of which entitles its holder to acquire one common share for $0.205 until August 24, 2021.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- November 24, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 42 m at 1.31 g/t Au, including 16.8 m at 1.95 g/t Au at La Pointe Extension
- November 09, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 80 m at 1.10 g/t Au at La Pointe Extension
- October 26, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Robert P. Boisjoli as Chief Financial Officer
- October 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation announces results of Annual and Special General shareholders meeting
- October 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation provides exploration update
- October 08, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: Reminder – Annual and Special General Meeting of Shareholders
- September 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals discovers a new gold and base metals system from surface sampling at Elmer East with grabs up to 17.75 g/t Au
- September 10, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals extends the La Pointe Extension discovery with 53 m at 1.03 g/t Au and near surface discovery at Simon
- August 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals expands La Pointe Extension discovery over 2 km; continues drilling
- August 04, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation change its stock symbol
- July 22, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drills 1.14 g/t Au over 70.3 m at La Pointe Extension discovery
- July 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Announces Postponement of its Annual General Meeting
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project