Montreal, Quebec – August 24, 2016 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Strategic Metals” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dwayne Melrose as Director of the Corporation.
“We are very pleased to have Mr. Melrose joining the Canada Strategic’s team, commented Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, President and CEO of Canada Strategic Metals. Mr. Melrose’s experience in taking projects from exploration through development stage will provide great benefits for Canada Strategic Metals and its shareholders. He has respect within the capital markets in both North America and Europe, which will provide further benefits. The appointment of Dwayne as a Director is an asset to the long term strategic plan of the Company “.
Mr. Melrose has over 30 years’ experience in the mining industry where he has been very successful in advancing the companies from exploration into development stage. As President/CEO of True Gold Mining Inc., True Gold progressed from an exploration (pre-Preliminary Economic Assessment) company into a fully permitted and financed company that was in mine construction, in just over 3 years. Mr. Melrose was instrumental in re-focusing the project from a high Capex project into a low Capex high margin, heap leach project.
He spent plus twenty years with Cameco Corporation/Centerra Gold Inc. in Canada, the USA, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. Mr. Melrose was responsible for the exploration team and all programs at the Kumtor Gold Mine in the Kyrgyz Republic where he was responsible for the discovery of the high grade SB Zone, which significantly increased the reserves and resources at the mine.
Mr. Melrose joined the Minco Mining Group in 2007, where the company successfully progressed from exploration into development stage and greatly increased in shareholder value. Mr. Melrose was directly responsible for defining the Fuwan silver deposit (157 million ounces).
The Corporation has granted Mr. Melrose 200,000 stock options, each of which entitles its holder to acquire one common share for $0.205 until August 24, 2021.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- September 20, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Congratulates Harfang Exploration on its Spodumene Discovery near the Sakami Project, James Bay, Quebec
- August 22, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Identifies High Priority Lithium Targets on James Bay Projects
- August 09, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options and Deferred Share Units, Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 28, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes Second and Final Tranche of $1.4 M Private Placement, Announces Results of Annual Shareholders Meeting, Appoints Geneviève Ayotte as director
- July 12, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes first tranche of Private Placement
- June 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Private Placement
- May 05, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- March 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Reveal Lithium Potential on James Bay Projects and Hires IR Firm Paradox
- February 03, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital