Montreal, Quebec – August 24, 2016 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Strategic Metals” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dwayne Melrose as Director of the Corporation.
“We are very pleased to have Mr. Melrose joining the Canada Strategic’s team, commented Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, President and CEO of Canada Strategic Metals. Mr. Melrose’s experience in taking projects from exploration through development stage will provide great benefits for Canada Strategic Metals and its shareholders. He has respect within the capital markets in both North America and Europe, which will provide further benefits. The appointment of Dwayne as a Director is an asset to the long term strategic plan of the Company “.
Mr. Melrose has over 30 years’ experience in the mining industry where he has been very successful in advancing the companies from exploration into development stage. As President/CEO of True Gold Mining Inc., True Gold progressed from an exploration (pre-Preliminary Economic Assessment) company into a fully permitted and financed company that was in mine construction, in just over 3 years. Mr. Melrose was instrumental in re-focusing the project from a high Capex project into a low Capex high margin, heap leach project.
He spent plus twenty years with Cameco Corporation/Centerra Gold Inc. in Canada, the USA, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. Mr. Melrose was responsible for the exploration team and all programs at the Kumtor Gold Mine in the Kyrgyz Republic where he was responsible for the discovery of the high grade SB Zone, which significantly increased the reserves and resources at the mine.
Mr. Melrose joined the Minco Mining Group in 2007, where the company successfully progressed from exploration into development stage and greatly increased in shareholder value. Mr. Melrose was directly responsible for defining the Fuwan silver deposit (157 million ounces).
The Corporation has granted Mr. Melrose 200,000 stock options, each of which entitles its holder to acquire one common share for $0.205 until August 24, 2021.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- December 13, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation grants stock options
- December 05, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation outlines a 2 km anomalous gold trend at Sakami
- November 08, 2018 Debt Settlement
- October 29, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals initiates fall exploration program at Sakami focusing on the La Pointe area
- October 24, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals announces message from CEO
- September 18, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals welcomes you on its website
- September 10, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals intersects 3.22 g/t Au over 31.5 m and 3.59 g/t Au over 27 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike by 100 m
- July 12, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation reports correction to the number of issued and outstanding common shares
- June 28, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec close $5.4 million and create Quebec Precious Metals Corporation
- June 19, 2018 Annual and Special Meeting
- June 04, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec file joint circular regarding annual and special meetings for shareholder votes on business combination
- May 31, 2018 Canada Strategic Metals and Matamec intersect 3.08 g/t Au over 15 m and 5.31 g/t Au over 4.5 m on the Sakami Property
- April 26, 2018 Strategic Investment by Goldcorp to Create a New Gold Explorer in the Eeyou Istchee James Bay Territory of Quebec with Canada Strategic Metals, Matamec Explorations and Sphinx Resources
- March 01, 2018 Canada Strategic Mobilizes Second Drill & Increases its Drilling Program to 8,000 metres