Montreal, Quebec – September 6, 2016– Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QX: MHREF) are pleased to report the latest drill results for the Sakami property. Drilling on the Northwest extension of Zone 25 (main zone) has returned an intersection of 4.94 g/t Au over 21.05 metreswithin a wide gold-bearing intersection of 2.52 g/t Au over 48.55, from Hole PT-16-92 (see table below). Once again, the drill results for the Northwest extension confirmed the extension of Zone 25 and tend to indicate higher gold grades in the extension. The program consists of nine holes for a total of 2,058 metres of drilling.
Table of mineralized intersections from recent 2016 drilling
|Hole #||From (m)||To (m)||Length * (m)||Au (g/t)|
** Results already announced in a press release dated August 25, 2016
The program is aimed at increasing the size of the main gold zone (Zone 25) to the west-northwest, as well as its south extension at depth. Zone 25 is in the La Pointe sector of the Sakami property. Once this program is complete, Zone 25 will have been tested over a strike length of more than 300 metres and to a depth of over 500 metres along its plunge. See drilling figure below.
The Company will release the results of holes PT-16-93 to PT-16-99 as soon as they are received and compiled.
The 2016 drilling program designed with the help of Guy Desharnais, Ph.D, geologist at SGS Canada was managed by Consul-Teck Exploration of Val-d’Or, Quebec who supervised the program and logged and sampled the core.
Consul-Teck Exploration implemented QA/QC procedures to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one-half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates, standards and blanks were inserted regularly into the sample stream.
The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the analytical facility for analysis, in this case the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by fire assay with AA finish on a 30g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au), with a gravimetric finish for assays over 10 ppm Au.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder and Chief Executive Officer of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- September 20, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Congratulates Harfang Exploration on its Spodumene Discovery near the Sakami Project, James Bay, Quebec
- August 22, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Identifies High Priority Lithium Targets on James Bay Projects
- August 09, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options and Deferred Share Units, Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 28, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes Second and Final Tranche of $1.4 M Private Placement, Announces Results of Annual Shareholders Meeting, Appoints Geneviève Ayotte as director
- July 12, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Closes first tranche of Private Placement
- June 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals Announces Private Placement
- May 05, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- March 27, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Reveal Lithium Potential on James Bay Projects and Hires IR Firm Paradox
- February 03, 2023 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital