Montreal, Quebec – September 6, 2016– Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QX: MHREF) are pleased to report the latest drill results for the Sakami property. Drilling on the Northwest extension of Zone 25 (main zone) has returned an intersection of 4.94 g/t Au over 21.05 metreswithin a wide gold-bearing intersection of 2.52 g/t Au over 48.55, from Hole PT-16-92 (see table below). Once again, the drill results for the Northwest extension confirmed the extension of Zone 25 and tend to indicate higher gold grades in the extension. The program consists of nine holes for a total of 2,058 metres of drilling.
Table of mineralized intersections from recent 2016 drilling
|Hole #||From (m)||To (m)||Length * (m)||Au (g/t)|
** Results already announced in a press release dated August 25, 2016
The program is aimed at increasing the size of the main gold zone (Zone 25) to the west-northwest, as well as its south extension at depth. Zone 25 is in the La Pointe sector of the Sakami property. Once this program is complete, Zone 25 will have been tested over a strike length of more than 300 metres and to a depth of over 500 metres along its plunge. See drilling figure below.
The Company will release the results of holes PT-16-93 to PT-16-99 as soon as they are received and compiled.
The 2016 drilling program designed with the help of Guy Desharnais, Ph.D, geologist at SGS Canada was managed by Consul-Teck Exploration of Val-d’Or, Quebec who supervised the program and logged and sampled the core.
Consul-Teck Exploration implemented QA/QC procedures to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one-half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates, standards and blanks were inserted regularly into the sample stream.
The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the analytical facility for analysis, in this case the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by fire assay with AA finish on a 30g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au), with a gravimetric finish for assays over 10 ppm Au.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder and Chief Executive Officer of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec
- April 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 87.9 m of 7.14% including 21.0 m of 15.48% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre project
- April 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals extends previously announced new near-surface drill discoveries at Sakami including 1.27 g/t Au over 15 m and 4.66 g/t Au over 3.5 m
- March 26, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals drills new near-surface gold discoveries at Sakami including 14.20 g/t Au over 2.0 m and 5.05 g/t Au over 5.06 m
- February 14, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals updates the drilling at its Sakami gold project
- January 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation intersects 4.78 g/t Au over 6.0 m at Sakami, extending the gold mineralization on strike, and starts winter drilling campaign
- December 13, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation grants stock options
- December 05, 2018 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation outlines a 2 km anomalous gold trend at Sakami