Highlights of the 2,925 m spring drill campaign on Zone 25 extension
- 1.70 g/t Au over 30 m, including 4.26 g/t over 4.5 m
- 1.96 g/t Au over 28.7 m, including 4.11 g/t over 7.9 m
- 3.82 g/t Au over 3.0 m
- Hole PT-17-105 finished in mineralization with 0.73 g/t Au over 6 m
Montréal, June 19, 2017 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QX: MHREF) are pleased to announce the complete results from the 2017 spring drilling campaign on the Sakami property. A total of 2,925 m of drilling was completed in 7 drill holes (PT-17-100 to PT-17-106) along the shore of Sakami Lake to extend the known mineralized body to the west and at depth. This drilling successfully extended the strike length of the zone to 700 m, and appears to support the theory of higher grade subdomains with rakes trending west-south-west (see figure 1). The broken core in drill hole PT-17-104A and the disjointed nature of PT-17-105 highlight the increasing geological complexity to the west. The PT-17-105 hole finished in mineralization reaching drill rig depth capacity. This confirms the depth continuity of the mineralization and further investigation will be required to understand the total width at a vertical depth of 450 m.
The highlights of this lot of results are from PT-17-102 with 1.7 g/t Au over 30 m including 4.26 g/t Au over 4.5 m and PT-17-106 with 1.17g/t Au over 10.5 m. Drill hole PT-17-104 was recollared (PT-17-104A) and did not reach the target depth due to poor rock quality; possibly related to a fault zone (white dot on figure 1). However, it did intersect 3.82 g/t Au over 3 m at a shallower level and in a similar geological context as Zone 25. Drill holes PT-17-103 and PT-17-105 did not intersect any significant Au mineralization at the expected intervals in the drilling, which highlights the potential geological complexity at the western extent (grey dots on figure 1). Further interpretation and geochemistry on the nature of a new diorite intrusion in the sequence should give a better understanding of the geological model as it will confirm the rock composition as a diorite or a highly altered paragneiss. This potential diorite could add to a growing list of geological similarities with Goldcorp’s Eleonore Deposit. Mineralized intervals for PT-17-100 and PT-17-101 have previously been announced. The best intersections for the entire 2017 drill campaign are displayed in the table below.
Figure 1 : Oblique view perpendicular to Zone 25 showing the spring 2017 drill campaign results. Diameter of spheres are equal to the length of intervals and the colour is related to grade. Ellipses illustrate the apparent “higher grade rakes” that show a notable gap in results in between. Only 2017 drilling is annotated.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder, Executive Chairman and Exploration Manager of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Momentum Public Relations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange)accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 22, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals defines multiple gold targets ahead of drilling campaign along 13 km at Sakami
- October 02, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals reports high grade nickel mineralization at the Sakami gold project
- September 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals recovers historical drill cores at the Sakami gold project, provides exploration update
- August 20, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints RPA to complete a Mineral Resource estimate
- July 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals announces first phase of 2019 Exploration Program
- July 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals hires SGS Canada for resource model
- July 09, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report multiple 100 m+ intercepts and multiple 10%+ Cg zones at its non-core high grade La Loutre Flake Graphite Project
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec