Highlights of the 2,925 m spring drill campaign on Zone 25 extension
- 1.70 g/t Au over 30 m, including 4.26 g/t over 4.5 m
- 1.96 g/t Au over 28.7 m, including 4.11 g/t over 7.9 m
- 3.82 g/t Au over 3.0 m
- Hole PT-17-105 finished in mineralization with 0.73 g/t Au over 6 m
Montréal, June 19, 2017 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QX: MHREF) are pleased to announce the complete results from the 2017 spring drilling campaign on the Sakami property. A total of 2,925 m of drilling was completed in 7 drill holes (PT-17-100 to PT-17-106) along the shore of Sakami Lake to extend the known mineralized body to the west and at depth. This drilling successfully extended the strike length of the zone to 700 m, and appears to support the theory of higher grade subdomains with rakes trending west-south-west (see figure 1). The broken core in drill hole PT-17-104A and the disjointed nature of PT-17-105 highlight the increasing geological complexity to the west. The PT-17-105 hole finished in mineralization reaching drill rig depth capacity. This confirms the depth continuity of the mineralization and further investigation will be required to understand the total width at a vertical depth of 450 m.
The highlights of this lot of results are from PT-17-102 with 1.7 g/t Au over 30 m including 4.26 g/t Au over 4.5 m and PT-17-106 with 1.17g/t Au over 10.5 m. Drill hole PT-17-104 was recollared (PT-17-104A) and did not reach the target depth due to poor rock quality; possibly related to a fault zone (white dot on figure 1). However, it did intersect 3.82 g/t Au over 3 m at a shallower level and in a similar geological context as Zone 25. Drill holes PT-17-103 and PT-17-105 did not intersect any significant Au mineralization at the expected intervals in the drilling, which highlights the potential geological complexity at the western extent (grey dots on figure 1). Further interpretation and geochemistry on the nature of a new diorite intrusion in the sequence should give a better understanding of the geological model as it will confirm the rock composition as a diorite or a highly altered paragneiss. This potential diorite could add to a growing list of geological similarities with Goldcorp’s Eleonore Deposit. Mineralized intervals for PT-17-100 and PT-17-101 have previously been announced. The best intersections for the entire 2017 drill campaign are displayed in the table below.
Figure 1 : Oblique view perpendicular to Zone 25 showing the spring 2017 drill campaign results. Diameter of spheres are equal to the length of intervals and the colour is related to grade. Ellipses illustrate the apparent “higher grade rakes” that show a notable gap in results in between. Only 2017 drilling is annotated.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder, Executive Chairman and Exploration Manager of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Momentum Public Relations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange)accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project
- June 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Drills 1.45 g/t Au over 35.4 m at La Pointe Extension Discovery
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset
- April 29, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals: New Corporate Presentation
- April 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals announces La Pointe Extension discovery: 1.15 g/t Au over 80.1 m at Sakami project, extends deposit 2 km in step-out drilling
- March 25, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals concludes winter drilling activities at Sakami
- March 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Tony Brisson as senior exploration manager
- March 12, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Announces U.S. Trading on OTCQB Venture Market Under Symbol CJCFF
- February 27, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Starts Second Drill at Sakami
- February 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Grants Stock Options
- January 30, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals covers the Elmer East project with a heliborne geophysical survey along trend with Azimut’s gold discovery, James Bay, Quebec
- January 28, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals generates the Elmer East project along trend with Azimut’s gold discovery, James Bay, Quebec
- January 14, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals to Drill 25,000 m at Sakami