Montreal, Quebec – November 22, 2017 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to report the results of its first mapping and sampling exploration program on the Annabelle Project.The program consisted of large scale prospecting and sampling surface work over the 100% owned Annabelle property located in Quebec, James Bay.
The prospecting and geological survey was planned based on the recent compilation of historical work. The program was a success, returning strong gold, copper and silver values over 2 different zones. The best results returned 6.14 g/t gold and 1.02 g/t gold 32.6 g/t silver, 2.37% copper, and 372 ppm cobalt. These results defined multiples anomalous structures, located mainly in the central and eastern portion of the project. Results are showing that the Gold mineralization seems to be associate to quartz vein and/or stringer and/or copper mineralization. Historical work also returned 3.6% Cu and 790 ppb Au in a 1 kilometer nearby outcrop extending the potential of a discovery. (See map below)
Best results and sampling localization map
The Company is currently compiling all new results to follow up with a more extensive exploration program on the Annabelle property in the next year that may include specific surveys, channel sampling, land stripping and diamond drilling. A total of 274 chip samples were collected and sent to the ALS laboratory to be assayed for gold and minerals indicator. The sampling program was design to discover new areas of interest over the large land package, there for 268 samples returned minimal to zero values. The property is still largely under-explored with more than half of the project to be explored in the next summer program. The table below shows the best results for the program.
Table of best results (Annabelle)
|Easting||Northing||Au ppm||Ag ppm||Co ppm||Cu ppm||Zn ppm||Cu %|
Regional location map
The Annabelle project is located about 65km west of the Eastmain Resources Eau Claire project and approximately 40 kilometers west of Goldcorp Eleonore gold deposit, in Quebec, James Bay.
The large (182.44 km2) project is clearly under-explored, but always showed a strong mineral potential. The main reason of the limited work was due to the unfavorable economic climate of the past few years. The discovery potential is related to the greenstone belt geological settings covering the volcano-sedimentary sequences and intrusions of the Opinaca sub province.
Regional geological map
The 2017 sampling program was managed by Consul-Teck Exploration of Val-d’Or, Quebec, who designed and supervised the program. A total of 274 chip samples were collected and sent to the ALS laboratory to be assayed for gold and indicator minerals.
Consul-Teck Exploration implemented QA/QC procedures to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the samples. In this case, there was no blank or standard inserted, but the Company intends to re-analyze some samples, as described in its QA/QC procedures.
The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the analytical facility for analysis, in this case the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by fire assay with AA finish on a 30g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au) and ICP-41 for the other elements. Value over 10,000 ppm were re-assays by OG-46.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder,Executive Chairman and Exploration Manager of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Momentum Public Relations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 26, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Robert P. Boisjoli as Chief Financial Officer
- October 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation announces results of Annual and Special General shareholders meeting
- October 15, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation provides exploration update
- October 08, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: Reminder – Annual and Special General Meeting of Shareholders
- September 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals discovers a new gold and base metals system from surface sampling at Elmer East with grabs up to 17.75 g/t Au
- September 10, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals extends the La Pointe Extension discovery with 53 m at 1.03 g/t Au and near surface discovery at Simon
- August 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals expands La Pointe Extension discovery over 2 km; continues drilling
- August 04, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation change its stock symbol
- July 22, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drills 1.14 g/t Au over 70.3 m at La Pointe Extension discovery
- July 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Announces Postponement of its Annual General Meeting
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project
- June 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Drills 1.45 g/t Au over 35.4 m at La Pointe Extension Discovery
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset