3,000 m campaign on Zone 25 seeks to confirm the extension of gold mineralization to the west and follow up on previous results that include 21.05 m of 4.94 g/t Au
Montreal, Quebec – March 28, 2017 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QB: MHREF) are pleased to announce the commencement of drilling on the Sakami property. A total of 3,000 m of drilling is planned on Sakami to extend the known mineralized body to the west. Drilling in 2016 suggests that the mineralization is thicker and locally richer in this direction. It also confirms the relatively consistent orientation of the mineralization, which allows for more aggressive step-outs of 90 m.
The figure below illustrates the distribution of mineralized intervals and planned drilling.
Figure 1. Oblique image of Zone 25 showing the distribution of mineralized intervals created using a 1g/t lower limit and shown as spheres according to the thickness. Red traces represent the planned drilling.
Figure 2. Vertical section looking west, showing the proposed drill traces in red with respect to the possible extensions to Zone 25 (grey polygon).
At this time, each company owns 50 % of the Sakami project. Canada Strategic Metals recently exercised an option to acquire an additional 20% of the Sakami property from Matamec in exchange for 1 million shares in the Company and a commitment to spend CDN$ 2,000,000 in exploration work per year for the next five years, during which time it must also complete an independent bankable feasibility study. Please see the press release from February 14th, 2017 for more details of the option agreement and the ownership structure of the property. During the period covered by the option agreement, Canada Strategic Metals will remain the operator of the exploration works, supervised by a management committee comprising two representatives of Canada Strategic Metals and two representatives of Matamec.
Canada Strategic Metals is well funded, having recently closed a round of funding for a total of $1,329,690 hard cash and $2,502,500 flow-through.
The drilling program has designed by Guy Desharnais, Ph.D. (OGQ No.1141), employed by SGS Canada Inc. and independent of Matamec and Canada Strategic.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder and Chief Executive Officer of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Momentum Public Relations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider(as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange)accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 18, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals receives $2,000,000 payment from sale of royalty on Tansim lithium project
- September 08, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals reports high-grade grab samples of 68.1 & 61.8 g/t Au on the Elmer East project; extends the mineralized corridor to 4.2 km at the Lloyd discovery area
- August 18, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- August 12, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: Reminder – Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
- August 10, 2021 Vital acquires Kipawa and Zeus projects from Quebec Precious Metals Corporation for c$8 million; strengthens Canadian rare earths portfolio
- June 17, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals shares now DTC eligible
- June 11, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 09, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals cuts 1.83 g/t Au over 58.6 m and 2.15 g/t over 42.2 m Au in drilling in near-surface, high-grade intervals, on the Sakami project
- June 07, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals appoints two independent women to its board of directors
- June 01, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals files technical report on Sakami project; starts summer field program
- May 18, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes additional tranche of oversubscribed $3,250,000 private placement
- May 05, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes second and final tranche of oversubscribed $3,228,000 private placement
- May 04, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation closes first tranche of $2,634,399 private placement
- April 21, 2021 Quebec Precious Metals upsizes private placement offering of common shares to $ 2.7 Million