3,000 m campaign on Zone 25 seeks to confirm the extension of gold mineralization to the west and follow up on previous results that include 21.05 m of 4.94 g/t Au
Montreal, Quebec – March 28, 2017 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QB: MHREF) are pleased to announce the commencement of drilling on the Sakami property. A total of 3,000 m of drilling is planned on Sakami to extend the known mineralized body to the west. Drilling in 2016 suggests that the mineralization is thicker and locally richer in this direction. It also confirms the relatively consistent orientation of the mineralization, which allows for more aggressive step-outs of 90 m.
The figure below illustrates the distribution of mineralized intervals and planned drilling.
Figure 1. Oblique image of Zone 25 showing the distribution of mineralized intervals created using a 1g/t lower limit and shown as spheres according to the thickness. Red traces represent the planned drilling.
Figure 2. Vertical section looking west, showing the proposed drill traces in red with respect to the possible extensions to Zone 25 (grey polygon).
At this time, each company owns 50 % of the Sakami project. Canada Strategic Metals recently exercised an option to acquire an additional 20% of the Sakami property from Matamec in exchange for 1 million shares in the Company and a commitment to spend CDN$ 2,000,000 in exploration work per year for the next five years, during which time it must also complete an independent bankable feasibility study. Please see the press release from February 14th, 2017 for more details of the option agreement and the ownership structure of the property. During the period covered by the option agreement, Canada Strategic Metals will remain the operator of the exploration works, supervised by a management committee comprising two representatives of Canada Strategic Metals and two representatives of Matamec.
Canada Strategic Metals is well funded, having recently closed a round of funding for a total of $1,329,690 hard cash and $2,502,500 flow-through.
The drilling program has designed by Guy Desharnais, Ph.D. (OGQ No.1141), employed by SGS Canada Inc. and independent of Matamec and Canada Strategic.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder and Chief Executive Officer of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Momentum Public Relations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider(as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange)accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- August 20, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints RPA to complete a Mineral Resource estimate
- July 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals announces first phase of 2019 Exploration Program
- July 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals hires SGS Canada for resource model
- July 09, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report multiple 100 m+ intercepts and multiple 10%+ Cg zones at its non-core high grade La Loutre Flake Graphite Project
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec
- April 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 87.9 m of 7.14% including 21.0 m of 15.48% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre project
- April 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals extends previously announced new near-surface drill discoveries at Sakami including 1.27 g/t Au over 15 m and 4.66 g/t Au over 3.5 m
- March 26, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals drills new near-surface gold discoveries at Sakami including 14.20 g/t Au over 2.0 m and 5.05 g/t Au over 5.06 m