Montreal, Quebec – November 15, 2016 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Canaccord Genuity Corp. (“Canaccord” or the “Agent”), pursuant to which Canaccord will act as agent in connection with a proposed fully marketed private placement to raise gross proceeds of approximately C$4.0 million (the “Marketed Offering”). The Marketed Offering will consist of the sale of 17,150,000 flow-through common shares of the Company (the “Flow-Through Shares”) at a price of C$0.175 per Flow-Through Share and the sale of 9,091,000 common shares of the Company (the “Marketed Common Shares”) at a price of C$0.11 per Marketed Common Share.
In addition, the Company will grant the Agent an option to sell up to an additional 9,091,000 common shares of the Company (the “Agent’s Option Common Shares”, and together with the Marketed Common Shares, the “Offering Common Shares”) at C$0.11 per Offering Common Share to raise additional gross proceeds of up to C$1.0 million (the “Agent’s Option” and together with the Marketed Offering, the “Offering”).
The gross proceeds raised from the sale of Flow-Through Shares will be used to incur “Canadian exploration expenses” as defined in the Income Tax Act (Canada) (the “Act”) on the Company’s properties in Quebec (the “Qualifying Expenditures”). The Qualifying Expenditures will be renounced to the subscribers with an effective date no later than December 31, 2016, in the aggregate amount of not less than the total amount of the gross proceeds raised from the issuance of Flow-Through Shares.
The net proceeds from the sale of the Offering Common Shares will be used for the exploration and development of the Company’s properties in Quebec and for general working capital purposes.
Closing of the Offering is anticipated to occur onor about December 8, 2016 (the “Closing Date”). Closing of the Offering is subject to receipt of regulatory approvals, including the acceptance of the Offering by the TSX Venture Exchange (the “TSXV”). The Flow-Through Shares and Offering Common Shares will be subject to a four month hold period under applicable securities laws in Canada.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities described herein in the United States. The securities described herein have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States or to the account or benefit of a U.S. person absent an exemption from the registration requirements of such Act.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 20,000 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
Jean-Sébastien Lavallée, P. Geo
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION
This news release contains “forward-looking information” within the meaning of the applicable Canadian securities legislation that is based on expectations, estimates and projections as at the date of this news release. The information in this news release about the Offering; the use of the gross proceeds from the Offering; the jurisdictions in which the Flow-Through Shares and Offering Common Shares are offered or sold; the number of Flow-Through Shares and Offering Common Shares offered or sold; the timing and ability of the Company to close the Offering, if at all; the timing and ability of the Company to satisfy the customary listing conditions of the TSXV, if at all; the timing and ability of the Corporation to obtain all necessary approvals; and any other information herein that is not a historical fact may be “forward-looking information”. Any statement that involves discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions, future events or performance (often but not always using phrases such as “expects”, or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, “plans”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “forecasts”, “estimates”, “believes” or “intends” or variations of such words and phrases or stating that certain actions, events or results “may” or “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken to occur or be achieved) are not statements of historical fact and may be forward-looking information and are intended to identify forward-looking information. This forward-looking information is based on reasonable assumptions and estimates of management of Canada Strategic Metals, at the time it was made, involves known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Canada Strategic Metals to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. Such factors include, among others, risks relating to the Offering; volatility in the trading price of common shares of the Company; property interests; ability of Canada Strategic Metals to complete further exploration activities, including drilling; the results of exploration activities; risks relating to mining activities; the global economic climate; metal prices; dilution; environmental risks; and community and non-governmental actions. Although the forward-looking information contained in this news release is based upon what management believes, or believed at the time, to be reasonable assumptions, Canada Strategic Metals cannot assure shareholders and prospective purchasers that actual results will be consistent with such forward-looking information, as there may be other factors that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended, and neither Canada Strategic Metals nor any other person assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of any such forward-looking information. Canada Strategic Metals does not undertake, and assumes no obligation, to update or revise any such forward-looking statements or forward-looking information contained herein to reflect new events or circumstances, except as may be required by law.
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital
- September 19, 2022 Idaho Champion Goes Full Battery by Acquiring Prospective Lithium Projects in James Bay Region; Quebec Precious Metals to Become Significant Shareholder
- September 08, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to hold AGM on October 11th and Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 22, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals Postponement of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- May 26, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 0.84 g/t Au over 63 m downhole, higher-grade core extended +200 m at depth, open in all directions
- March 23, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals and GoldSpot provide an update on the Elmer East project: multiple gold targets over 4.5 km
- March 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- March 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 69.6 g/t Au over 0.6 m within 1.32 g/t Au over 94 m downhole
- February 24, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals identifies drill targets over 2.5-km along strike from the La Pointe Extension gold deposit
- February 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals reports preliminary metallurgical test results from Sakami: up to 99% gold recoveries