- 3.08 g/t Au over 15 m
- 3.25 g/t Au over 4.5 m
- Extending at depth mineralization by 30 meters
- Sedar filling of the Sakami NI 43-101 Report
Montréal, May 31, 2018 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) and Matamec Explorations Inc. (TSX-V: MAT, OTC-QX: MHREF) are pleased to announce the results from the first five (5) holes of the 2018 winter drilling campaign on the Sakami project. A total of 7,295 m of drilling was completed in 21 drill holes (PT-18-107 to PT-18-127, see location map below). The campaign successfully extended the known mineralized area to the west and at depth. These holes included some infill drilling.
Table of mineralized intersections from recent 2018 winter drill program
|Hole #||From (m)||To (m)||Length* (m)||Au (g/t)|
The first five holes intersected Zone 25 and increased the size of the project’s mineralized area. Hole PT-18-111 extends Zone 25 at depth to the west side by approximately 30 m from the deepest elevation on section 2+00W with a grade and width similar to the above interception in hole PT-17-102. This result supports the potential for higher grade mineralization at depth. The deepest intersection from previous drilling was in hole PT-15-89 and PT-15-90 on section 0+50W. Highlights of the drill results are presented in the table below.
Localization map of recent 2018 winter drill program
The winter 2018 drilling program was designed based on the recommendations presented in the NI 43-101 technical report prepared by SGS Canada Inc. for Canada Strategic and Matamec with a date of issue of November 24, 2017 . The report is available on Sedar’s web site at www.sedar.com. The program was managed by Consul-Teck Exploration of Val-d’Or, Quebec who supervised the program and logged and sampled the core.
Consul-Teck Exploration implemented QA/QC procedures to ensure best practices in sampling and analysis of the core samples. The drill core was logged and then split, with one-half sent for assay and the other retained in the core box as a witness sample. Duplicates, standards and blanks were inserted regularly into the sample stream.
The samples were delivered, in secure tagged bags, directly to the analytical facility for analysis, in this case the ALS Minerals laboratory facility in Val-d’Or, Quebec. The samples are weighed and identified prior to sample preparation. All samples are analyzed by fire assay with AA finish on a 30g sample (0.005-10 ppm Au), with a gravimetric finish for assays over 10 ppm Au.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder, Executive Chairman and Exploration Manager of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 57,084 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange)accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- December 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to Issue Shares in Payment of Debts and Deferred Share Units
- November 11, 2022 Idaho Champion and Quebec Precious Metals Closes Acquisition of Prospective Lithium Projects in Pegmatite-Rich James Bay region, Quebec
- November 07, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals receives $ 1 M payment
- October 12, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals announces results of Annual shareholders meeting
- October 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals continues sales process for Kipawa & Zeus projects following termination of agreement by Vital
- September 19, 2022 Idaho Champion Goes Full Battery by Acquiring Prospective Lithium Projects in James Bay Region; Quebec Precious Metals to Become Significant Shareholder
- September 08, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals to hold AGM on October 11th and Issue Shares in Payment of Debts
- July 22, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals Postponement of Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- May 26, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 0.84 g/t Au over 63 m downhole, higher-grade core extended +200 m at depth, open in all directions
- March 23, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals and GoldSpot provide an update on the Elmer East project: multiple gold targets over 4.5 km
- March 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- March 10, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals drills La Pointe Extension: 69.6 g/t Au over 0.6 m within 1.32 g/t Au over 94 m downhole
- February 24, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals identifies drill targets over 2.5-km along strike from the La Pointe Extension gold deposit
- February 15, 2022 Quebec Precious Metals reports preliminary metallurgical test results from Sakami: up to 99% gold recoveries