Montreal, Quebec – May 24, 2017 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce the acquisition of three new high-potential properties named Annabelle, Blanche and Charles. The three properties are covering a large greenstone belt districts on the Eastmain and La Grande volcanic belts in the James Bay area. The ground acquired covers more than 75 continuous kilometres of the volcano-sedimentary contact along with the existing infrastructure, including roads, power lines and airports. The geological settings of both sub province are hosting several new discoveries and deposits like; Chechoo, Eau Claire, Coulon, La Grande Sud and Eleonore.
“We are very pleased with these new acquisitions, and we will be more active than ever this summer exploring this new ground and giving to this under-explored area additional discovery potential,” said Jean-François Meilleur, President and Chief Executive Officer of Canada Strategic Metals.
The area where the three new properties are located already hosts known gold showings, but work has been limited due to the unfavourable economic climate of the past few years. The area is clearly under-explored, with good potential related to the greenstone belt geological settings. The Annabelle property covers the volcano-sedimentary sequences and intrusions of the Opinaca sub province, while the two properties in the north, Blanche and Charles, cover the volcanic-sedimentary rocks of the La Grande sub province.
The three newly acquired properties have strong gold potential, with several known showings found on properties about five kilometres south owned by Azimuth/Soquem and Osisko Mining. The Annabelle property, which covers 183 square kilometres, lies approximately 40 km west of Goldcorp Inc.’s Eleonore deposit. Eleonore is a world-class gold deposit with proven reserves of 3.09 million tonnes grading 6.72 g/t Au (670,000 oz Au) and probable reserves of 20.35 million tonnes grading 5.97 g/t Au (3.90 million oz Au), as well as a measured resource of 3.21 million tonnes at 7.27 g/t Au (750,000 oz Au), an indicated resource of 1.92 million tonnes at 2.97 g/t Au (180,000 oz Au) and an inferred resource of 9.73 million tonnes at 7.52 g/t Au (2.35 million oz Au).
The three newly acquired properties consist of a total of 664 claims covering an area of approximately 345 square kilometres. The claims are being processed by the Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles (“MERN”), and will soon be registered and 100% owned by Canada Strategic Metals. The Company’s team is currently in the process of compiling all the available data in preparation for the summer exploration season.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder, Executive Chairman and Exploration Manager of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Momentum Public Relations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- September 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals discovers a new gold and base metals system from surface sampling at Elmer East with grabs up to 17.75 g/t Au
- September 10, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals extends the La Pointe Extension discovery with 53 m at 1.03 g/t Au and near surface discovery at Simon
- August 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals expands La Pointe Extension discovery over 2 km; continues drilling
- August 04, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation change its stock symbol
- July 22, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals drills 1.14 g/t Au over 70.3 m at La Pointe Extension discovery
- July 16, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Announces Postponement of its Annual General Meeting
- July 02, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation commences the next phase of exploration on the Elmer East project, James Bay region, Quebec
- June 23, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation Resumes Exploration on the Sakami Project
- June 18, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals Drills 1.45 g/t Au over 35.4 m at La Pointe Extension Discovery
- May 26, 2020 UrbanGold acquires key gold property in the Troilus area; Quebec Precious Metals monetizes non-core asset
- April 29, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals: New Corporate Presentation
- April 21, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals announces La Pointe Extension discovery: 1.15 g/t Au over 80.1 m at Sakami project, extends deposit 2 km in step-out drilling
- March 25, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals concludes winter drilling activities at Sakami
- March 13, 2020 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Tony Brisson as senior exploration manager