Montreal, Quebec – May 24, 2017 – Canada Strategic Metals Inc. (“Canada Strategic Metals” or “the Company”) (TSX.V: CJC; FSE: YXEN; OTC-BB: CJCFF) is pleased to announce the acquisition of three new high-potential properties named Annabelle, Blanche and Charles. The three properties are covering a large greenstone belt districts on the Eastmain and La Grande volcanic belts in the James Bay area. The ground acquired covers more than 75 continuous kilometres of the volcano-sedimentary contact along with the existing infrastructure, including roads, power lines and airports. The geological settings of both sub province are hosting several new discoveries and deposits like; Chechoo, Eau Claire, Coulon, La Grande Sud and Eleonore.
“We are very pleased with these new acquisitions, and we will be more active than ever this summer exploring this new ground and giving to this under-explored area additional discovery potential,” said Jean-François Meilleur, President and Chief Executive Officer of Canada Strategic Metals.
The area where the three new properties are located already hosts known gold showings, but work has been limited due to the unfavourable economic climate of the past few years. The area is clearly under-explored, with good potential related to the greenstone belt geological settings. The Annabelle property covers the volcano-sedimentary sequences and intrusions of the Opinaca sub province, while the two properties in the north, Blanche and Charles, cover the volcanic-sedimentary rocks of the La Grande sub province.
The three newly acquired properties have strong gold potential, with several known showings found on properties about five kilometres south owned by Azimuth/Soquem and Osisko Mining. The Annabelle property, which covers 183 square kilometres, lies approximately 40 km west of Goldcorp Inc.’s Eleonore deposit. Eleonore is a world-class gold deposit with proven reserves of 3.09 million tonnes grading 6.72 g/t Au (670,000 oz Au) and probable reserves of 20.35 million tonnes grading 5.97 g/t Au (3.90 million oz Au), as well as a measured resource of 3.21 million tonnes at 7.27 g/t Au (750,000 oz Au), an indicated resource of 1.92 million tonnes at 2.97 g/t Au (180,000 oz Au) and an inferred resource of 9.73 million tonnes at 7.52 g/t Au (2.35 million oz Au).
The three newly acquired properties consist of a total of 664 claims covering an area of approximately 345 square kilometres. The claims are being processed by the Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles (“MERN”), and will soon be registered and 100% owned by Canada Strategic Metals. The Company’s team is currently in the process of compiling all the available data in preparation for the summer exploration season.
Jean-Sebastien Lavallée (OGQ #773), geologist, shareholder, Executive Chairman and Exploration Manager of the Company and a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the technical content of this release.
About Canada Strategic Metals
Canada Strategic Metals is an emerging company focused on the exploration and development of a number of projects covering over 22,584 hectares in Quebec. With broad management experience in green technology and junior resource exploration and development, Canada Strategic Metals is well positioned to aggressively advance this promising property portfolio for its shareholders.
For more information on the Company, please visit www.csmetals.ca.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Paradox Public Relations
Momentum Public Relations Inc.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- October 22, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals defines multiple gold targets ahead of drilling campaign along 13 km at Sakami
- October 02, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals reports high grade nickel mineralization at the Sakami gold project
- September 24, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals recovers historical drill cores at the Sakami gold project, provides exploration update
- August 20, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints RPA to complete a Mineral Resource estimate
- July 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals announces first phase of 2019 Exploration Program
- July 12, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals hires SGS Canada for resource model
- July 09, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report multiple 100 m+ intercepts and multiple 10%+ Cg zones at its non-core high grade La Loutre Flake Graphite Project
- June 21, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals grants stock options
- June 18, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals: Message from the CEO
- June 05, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation extends La Pointe deposit at depth to 600 m and on strike to 900 m
- May 31, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals appoints Mario Caron, Dominique Dionne and Charles Main to its Board of Directors
- May 23, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals provides update on monetizing non-core assets
- May 06, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals and its partner Lomiko report intercept of 116.9 m of 4.80% including 15.2 m of 18.04% and 47.3 m of 7.56% including 11.3 m of 17.45% flake graphite on its non-core high grade La Loutre asset
- April 30, 2019 Quebec Precious Metals Corporation: strong copper-gold potential of the Blanche and Charles projects near the recent Mythril copper-gold discovery, James Bay region, Quebec